BettyBoo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Can you tell me how many have booked so far on this date and if it has been cleared to operate yet?

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi BettyBoo

Four travellers have booked so far, so it has not yet been cleared to operate but it is still early days!

Kindest regards,

Julia

CDM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I'm thinking of booking this holiday in January and wondered if anyone had been on the tour before - as well as whether there were now enough people interested for it to run!

Cheers

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'CDM' wrote:

Hi Everyone

I'm thinking of booking this holiday in January and wondered if anyone had been on the tour before - as well as whether there were now enough people interested for it to run!

Cheers

Hi, it is still too early to say if the tour will definitely run (there are currently 6 people booked) - although I understand it is likely that prices will be increasing on this tour soon.

Thanks,

Tim

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi CDM,

I did this tour last year and really enjoyed it. In the meantime however, JY have made some notable improvements to the travel arrangements on this holiday.

Flying direct to San Diego with BA is a big plus, instead of flying to LA and then having a 3hr coach ride to San Diego. Likewise, flying from San Diego to Honolulu (instead of coaching back up to LA and flying to Honolulu from there) also sounds much more convenient.

The other major change is that you have 4 nights on beautiful Maui instead of 3. To accommodate this change, you only have 3 nights on Oahu instead of 4 but I think that's a fair trade-off.

The hotel in Maui is in a lovely location and we were all very sad to leave such a beautiful place. Whilst in Maui, do try to take 'The Road to Hana' tour...it's really wonderful and you see a great deal of the island on this full day excursion which takes you to beaches, rainforests and waterfalls.

On the downside, there doesn't seem to be an optional excursion to Pearl Harbour while you're on Oahu. That seems a little strange as it's the most visited site in all the Hawaiian Islands, but I'm sure you could easily arrange a visit during your free time if you wanted to go. Personally, I thought that it was well worth a visit and you don't have to have an interest in military history to get something from a visit to such an important site.

So in summary I would say go for it....the Hawaiian Islands are lovely, particularly Maui, the sunsets are gorgeous and LA, with tours of Hollywood, Venice Beach and Santa Monica, is a bit of fun at the end.

Hope this brief summary helps you come to a decision, and if you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Mike

JY Will
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

Hi CDM,

I did this tour last year and really enjoyed it. In the meantime however, JY have made some notable improvements to the travel arrangements on this holiday.

Flying direct to San Diego with BA is a big plus, instead of flying to LA and then having a 3hr coach ride to San Diego. Likewise, flying from San Diego to Honolulu (instead of coaching back up to LA and flying to Honolulu from there) also sounds much more convenient.

The other major change is that you have 4 nights on beautiful Maui instead of 3. To accommodate this change, you only have 3 nights on Oahu instead of 4 but I think that's a fair trade-off.

The hotel in Maui is in a lovely location and we were all very sad to leave such a beautiful place. Whilst in Maui, do try to take 'The Road to Hana' tour...it's really wonderful and you see a great deal of the island on this full day excursion which takes you to beaches, rainforests and waterfalls.

On the downside, there doesn't seem to be an optional excursion to Pearl Harbour while you're on Oahu. That seems a little strange as it's the most visited site in all the Hawaiian Islands, but I'm sure you could easily arrange a visit during your free time if you wanted to go. Personally, I thought that it was well worth a visit and you don't have to have an interest in military history to get something from a visit to such an important site.

So in summary I would say go for it....the Hawaiian Islands are lovely, particularly Maui, the sunsets are gorgeous and LA, with tours of Hollywood, Venice Beach and Santa Monica, is a bit of fun at the end.

Hope this brief summary helps you come to a decision, and if you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

you will visit Pearl Harbour as part of the Honolulu tour. We will make sure it is clearer in the next brochure

turnke
  • (Member)
(Member)
'CDM' wrote:

Hi Everyone

Cheers

Hi CDM

As MikeW says Maui is beautiful,when we were there the National Parks were closed,and we went on the Road to Hana,instead of sunrise on Halakeala.The road is very attractive,although it has lots of curves and narrow in places.

There is a local bus to Lahaina,from Whalers Village,which is close to the hotel.The sunsets are spectacular.

On Oahu,the Polynesian Culture Center is worth going to,about half day touring the various villages,followed by a luau,and a show"Ha,The Breath of Life."

We went to the Battleship Missouri,the ship where the Japanese surrender was signed,as the Arizona Memorial was closed.From there,we had a good view of the Memorial.

Keith