Rosie9
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julie,

Can you please let me know how many are booked on this trip and the split between ladies/Gents so far,

Regards

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie,

There are now 33 of you booked to travel from Manchester on this date. The group is made up of 6 men and 27 women with ages from mid-40s through to early-80s. There are a couple of places left so these numbers may change slightly between now and when you leave - please ask me again closer to departure and I will happily provide you with an update.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Si
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi Julie,

Can you please let me know how many are booked on this trip and the split between ladies/Gents so far,

Regards

Hi Julia

Can you please let me have the same information for the 3 November date from Heathrow? Also, I have just noted that on the American Airlines website the flight out appears to now depart at 2.25pm and arrive in Chicago at 5.10pm but this is not what I have received in the information from JY.

I would be grateful for clarification.

Many thanks

Si

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Si,

There are currently 31 confirmed travellers and 1 traveller provisionally booked. The group is made up of 12 men and 20 women with ages from mid-30s through to mid-70s.

In terms of flights, your holiday confirmation and 15 week information would contain provisional flight details. Whilst we aim to make this as accurate as possible from the start however the airline may change the flight timings or the flight numbers before departure.

Looking at the reservations system, the flights have been updated to reflect the change you have seen, however, I must stress that these are still subject to change and final timings will be sent out to you about 10 days before you travel.

Kindest regards,

Julia

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just paid my total cost of the trip whilst I remember. I know it is not due till next Monday. What about the pre- bookable tours or are they still being finalised? 31 sounds a lot and a fair mix of men and women.

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

The St Louis arch excursion is bookable in resort only with the Tour Manager.

You can pre-book the Airboat Swamp Tour - I have this listed as £58 in the system.

The Architectural Cruise, I understand that the team are trying to source an alternative supplier as our original is not operating on the 20th October date.

Information about all the optional excursions and how to book will be included in your documents.

There are now 33 of you booked on the November date and I can tell you that Stephen Rodaway has been provisionally allocated at the Tour Manager on this trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Pauline1234
(Member)
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

We would recommend that you pack casual comfortable clothes and a pair of comfortable shoes as there can be a lot of walking on some excursions.

I've pulled off the historic weather averages for October as a guide although as you know weather is changeable!

Chicago: average highs of 17 degrees and lows of 6 degrees

Memphis: average highs of 23 degrees and lows of 18 degrees

New Orleans: average highs of 22 degrees and lows of 12 degrees.

Its always worth packing a waterproof jacket in case you experience some rain whilst you are away.

Kindest regards,

Julia

wberry
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in September and strongly advise you take photographic ID. The copy of my passport was not good enough for the Streetcar in New Orleans and you definitely need ID for Beale Street. I wish I'd taken my Bus pass!!!!

Have a great time :thumbup:

Regards Wendy

Rosie9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'wberry' wrote:

Hi

I did this trip in September and strongly advise you take photographic ID. The copy of my passport was not good enough for the Streetcar in New Orleans and you definitely need ID for Beale Street. I wish I'd taken my Bus pass!!!!

Have a great time :thumbup:

Regards Wendy

I hope you had a lovely holiday. Thank you for the information Wendy, only a week to go now, Regarding clothes, as it understand it is casual clothes can you tell me if that does that also apply to evenings also, as it is difficult to know as what to pack.

Regards

Rosie9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Only a week to go know,

Can you please let me know the numbers that are booked and break down between ladies /gentlemen

Regards

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie9,

There are 34 of you booked on this date with 6 men and 28 women making up the group.

How is the packing coming along?

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Rosie9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Rosie9,

There are 34 of you booked on this date with 6 men and 28 women making up the group.

How is the packing coming along?

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks for your reply, I have day times packing sorted,not sure about evening, would you know if it would still be mostly, casual wear,

regards

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie,

Generally travellers are quite casual in the evening. Some travellers like to pack some smarter clothes to dress up a little (skirt and blouse, trousers and top etc) but it is entirely up to you. It's your holiday - how are you going to feel most comfortable?

One thing to remember is that you do have the Paddle Steamer Dinner Cruise included on this tour and the dress code is smart/casual.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

The Jazz cruise as mentioned by Julia is amazing. Went on this in 2008 2 days after Hurricane Ike. Most beautiful electric storm which we watched on the bottom deck next to the engine room whilst being sheltered by the deck above. They pipe the music throughout the ship after you have eaten.

Jan

Rosie9
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Rosie,

Generally travellers are quite casual in the evening. Some travellers like to pack some smarter clothes to dress up a little (skirt and blouse, trousers and top etc) but it is entirely up to you. It's your holiday - how are you going to feel most comfortable?

One thing to remember is that you do have the Paddle Steamer Dinner Cruise included on this tour and the dress code is smart/casual.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia for your help

Regards