Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia. I have been hunting through the new brochure and this departure date is probably going to suit me best. I initially wanted to go to Calabria on the date that Sally C is going but it won't work out. :(

So a few questions please. :)

How near is this departure to being fully booked please? I probably can't book for a couple of weeks.

I am looking particulary at flying from Birmingham as it is so much more convenient for me ( just over 1 hr to get to the airport on the train). Can you give me an idea of flight departure times from there please and also return? I know these can only be approximate times but it would help me in my planning.

Is there also a way that you can find out the firm supplement price for flying from Birmingham please?

I have been pondering this holiday for some years now ( since I first found Just You in fact) and it gets such consistently good reviews that it really is time I gave it a try. :thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi bosuncat,

The Costa de la Luz, 16th September departure has 19 travellers currently booked and has been cleared to operate. At the moment there is still plenty of places left so you should be ok - but please keep asking as our holiday advisors have been rather busy since the new brochure arrived on travellers' doorsteps.

In terms of flight times (listed with the usual flight times are subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents disclaimer) from Birmingham International the outbound flight is listed as departing at 06.10hrs, and your return flight is due to land back at 13:00hrs. The supplement for flying from Birmingham is from £99 and subject to availability.

I hope this information helps with your decision, and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi bosuncat,

The Costa de la Luz, 16th September departure has 19 travellers currently booked and has been cleared to operate. At the moment there is still plenty of places left so you should be ok - but please keep asking as our holiday advisors have been rather busy since the new brochure arrived on travellers' doorsteps.

In terms of flight times (listed with the usual flight times are subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents disclaimer) from Birmingham International the outbound flight is listed as departing at 06.10hrs, and your return flight is due to land back at 13:00hrs. The supplement for flying from Birmingham is from £99 and subject to availability.

I hope this information helps with your decision, and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you so much for all the info Julia. That very early departure means that I would either have to taxi to Birmingham or overnight there. I will think about it and see. Lots of additions to put on including the flight supplement of course means that I may still may go for the Lisbon Coast from Heathrow around about the same time. I have been cheered to see some positive reviews on that one.

:thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Anytime!

There has been some very positive feedback from the Lisbon trip so whichever holiday you decide on I'm sure you'll have a great time. Please let me know which one you decide to go with.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Anytime!

There has been some very positive feedback from the Lisbon trip so whichever holiday you decide on I'm sure you'll have a great time. Please let me know which one you decide to go with.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Looks like it is going to be Lisbon Coast departure on 22nd September but I haven't booked yet. How many are booked on that one Julia please? Haven't been to Portugal at all so it will be different. Is it an early morning departure and afternoon return back again? I know it is a relatively short transfer from the airport to the hotel so that would be a relief. :thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

At the moment there are 23 booked to travel on this date (and it has been cleared to operate). Flights as usual are subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents but are currently listed as:

Depart LHR: 07:40

Arrive LHR: 13:35

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

At the moment there are 23 booked to travel on this date (and it has been cleared to operate). Flights as usual are subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents but are currently listed as:

Depart LHR: 07:40

Arrive LHR: 13:35

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia!

Looks like I had better get booked! Those flight times are perfect for me.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia. I telephoned Customer Service to book Lisbon Coast yesterday but there was a problem getting me a sea view room with a balcony. So today I have taken the bull by the horns and swapped to Costa de la Luz departure on 23rd September flying from Birmingham. I think it is going to be marginally cheaper for me to get a taxi from home to the airport instead of hotel overnight. Seeing as I shall have to be at the airport at the unearthly hour of 4am!! :thumbup:

Thank you for all your help as always, and to those lovely people at Customer Services for all their patience and helpfulness.

Does Costa de la Luz keep the same TM throughout the season?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

I'm sorry you couldn't get the Lisbon trip, but its great that you still have something to look forward to this autumn!

No need to thank us - it's what we are here for!

As for the TM - Jacqueline O'Donoghue does a lot of the Costa de la Luz dates but not all of them. She's listed against all of the 2014 dates up until the end of June, after this date, a tour manager has not yet been allocated.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

You will love Costa de la Luz. I think everything about this holiday is brilliant. Jackie, the TM is great. I went in May and it was lovely to see all the Storks nests on the pylons. There was hardly any traffic at all and the hotel is right by the sea.

Regards

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat

I'm sorry you couldn't get the Lisbon trip, but its great that you still have something to look forward to this autumn!

No need to thank us - it's what we are here for!

As for the TM - Jacqueline O'Donoghue does a lot of the Costa de la Luz dates but not all of them. She's listed against all of the 2014 dates up until the end of June, after this date, a tour manager has not yet been allocated.

Kindest regards,

Julia

I had another great phone call from Customer Service when I got home tonight when I got home Julia. So kind of them.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat

You will love Costa de la Luz. I think everything about this holiday is brilliant. Jackie, the TM is great. I went in May and it was lovely to see all the Storks nests on the pylons. There was hardly any traffic at all and the hotel is right by the sea.

Regards

Jaya

It's the beach that attracted me to it in the first place Jaya!! :thumbup: