PamelaJane
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked for my first trip in September with Just You. Bit concerned, hotel has been changed to Villa Montifiori and trip advisor reviews are not very good. Are the hotels checked out before they are booked is what I want to know? And is anyone else on here booked for this trip? Anxious! :huh:[/size]
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi PamelaJane,

I can completely understand why you feel apprehensive about the Hotel Villa Montifiori after seeing some of the reviews on various sites. However, please bear in mind that any website review is subjective as they are an individual’s impression and do tend to stress the negative viewpoints - Some of our other members have discussed review sites in the past so please take a look at what others have said about their experiences after reading reviews on sites such as TripAdvisor.

Our team review the services offered by each of the hotels we contract by closely monitoring our Customer Satisfaction Questionnaires. We use this information to make changes in the way we doing things here at our offices and in our choice of hoteliers and other suppliers. Please be assured that this information gives a comprehensive and accurate reporting and any complaints are acted upon immediately.

In terms of others booked on your trip - there are 11 currently travelling and with a number of months left before departure, I would imagine that there will be a few more joining you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

diamondsgirl
(Member)
I am thinking of booking this trip on 16 September and I am now concerned about the hotel change. What star rating is the new hotel please?
diamondsgirl
(Member)
I have made some enquiries and it said that there a huge number of steps and the hotel is set upon a very steep hill. Can you let me know if this in fact true, as it is very important in my choice of holidays. Thank you.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Diamondsgirl,

The new hotel is a 4* hotel with swimming pool, bar, restaurant, lounge, spa, beautiful gardens and fantastic views of the lake.

The hotel is at the top of the hill, when you have been travelling with the group, the coach will drop you off close to the entrance although you will still need to negotiate 15 or so steps. If you are looking at getting around independently, there is a public bus stop about 300 meters from the hotel, alternatively the hotel reception can arrange for a taxi for an additional cost.

It is worth noting that the hotel only has two floors, but there is no lift. We would be able to request a ground floor room for you but we would not be able to guarantee this.

Kindest regards,

Julia