jan.clark
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can you tell me the best hotel to stay in the night before my flight on the 12th May?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

we work with a number of hotels - I would recommend that you call and speak with one of our Holiday Advisors who will be able to provide you the most accurate information based on your requirements.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi Jan

if you go into the the share your travel tips page,,,there is a whole thread on there about Heathrow hotels posted by people who have used them so have a look or pick someone on there's brain for an answer,

Cindy

PaulineD
(Member)
'jan.clark' wrote:

Can you tell me the best hotel to stay in the night before my flight on the 12th May?

Hi jan,

I am off on holiday with Just you on 12th May. Which holiday are you going on?

PaulineD

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

Not sure if you need parking aswell but myself and some others got an excellent deal the week before (£62 or something like that) for the Park Inn and a weeks car parking at the hotel.

Got the deal through holiday extras by taking the "undercover 4 star hotel" deal. You are not supposed to know which hotel but could work it out because they named the "bravo brova restaurant" in the more info section.

Its not near terminal 5 (only a couple are actually at the terminal) but you can get the 423 service bus across the road from the hotel which is free (heathrow freeflow zone), only takes 10 mins and they run regular, actually quicker than the hoppa buses you pay for.

Nice pub for evening meal opposite the hotel called "the 3 magpies" few of us are meeting there the night before our Slovenia holiday.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
I am personally using the Holiday Inn on Bath Road/Sipson Way. Not far to go to Terminal 5. I've used it before and it's good.
Littlepaul66
(Member)
The Three Magpies again Mick. Brings back memories. You'll be on first name terms with the staff there soon. Enjoy Slovenia.

Paul

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
love it when you mention the three magpies, just up the road from me and I spent many drunken nights in their during my YOUNGER life!!!! I have not been in there for years.....

Cindy

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Cindy

We went to the Three Magpies before our Route 66 Tour in October 2012. It's was Mick's idea and we met up with 2 other travellers too. A great way to start a tour.

Paul

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Littlepaul66' wrote:

The Three Magpies again Mick. Brings back memories. You'll be on first name terms with the staff there soon. Enjoy Slovenia.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes twice already sorted this year, gettng good flight/parking deals so works well.

Already got others joining me in there on both Slovenia & America trips.

It makes it easy on the bus route.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

love it when you mention the three magpies, just up the road from me and I spent many drunken nights in their during my YOUNGER life!!!! I have not been in there for years.....

Cindy

Cindy,

You are welcome to join he Slovenia gang for the meal even if not on the holiday. They'll be 3 or 4 of us meeting at least i believe.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
Yes. I['m meeting up with Mick the night before the Slovenia trip. I have used The Three Magpies before. It's decent grub for the price.
Bosuncat
(Member)
Cindy! Why don't you come down for a drink? :thumbup:
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
what is the date we are all talking about?I will See if I can sort something out if possible.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

what is the date we are all talking about?I will See if I can sort something out if possible.

Cindy

Friday 2nd May will be in the 3 magpies (fly on the 3rd), I'm staying over the road at the Park Inn (believe at least one other is there) while Bosuncat is at the Holiday Inn which is also close.

Be good if you can join us.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
At this moment in time I am FREE that evening have pencilled it in my diary, as I might not be on your links re holiday give me a nudge nearer the time...OK. Would be great if we can meet...love putting faces to names...

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
You all are going to have a nice time together. I live too far away otherwise would have loved to join you. Have fun!

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

You all are going to have a nice time together. I live too far away otherwise would have loved to join you. Have fun!

Jaya

jaya

if your ever my way LHR and staying at hotel night before if it's one near by just let me know I would come and have a drink with you !!!

most of my working life many years ago now was working at LHR, I love the place so many memories..

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Cindy. I will definitely let you know if I ever stay at a hotel near Heathrow. I am sure there will be a time as most long haul flights depart from Heathrow. I personally prefer Gatwick as I can get a train direct from Luton.

Regards

Jaya