Shaz5
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Just have a query about holidays with Travelsphere as a single traveller.

Does the group still eat together as a whole or do people do their own thing more? Also do single travellers with Travelsphere get a double room or a single room?

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shaz5,

I'm afraid the answer to both of these is that it really depends on which tour you are booked on as it varies for each holiday.

Do you have a particular tour in mind?

Kindest regards,

Julia

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Shaz5,

I'm afraid the answer to both of these is that it really depends on which tour you are booked on as it varies for each holiday.

Do you have a particular tour in mind?

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia,

I have just heard an advert on Classic FM for Travelsphere. Pity they could not have added "and Just You for single travellers".

Regards

Sylvia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shaz,

I've just done one tour with TS and I know some JY folks have done a number of TS tours, so they might be in a better position to answer. I think the best way to answer your question is that if the meal is included, then people will be eating together, but if the meal isn't included, people just do their own thing. If there were a number of single travellers on a TS tour, I'd say they would probably arrange to meet up and of course if I was the only single traveller, I'd probably try not to be shy and ask some of the others if they minded me tagging along. There are a couple of reviews of TS tours - see also my one on the S America tour I did in 2012 (Chile, Argentina and Brazil) as it might give you a fuller flavour of what I mean. On my tour (which I thoroughly enjoyed), I was given a double room throughout. As far as I know most hotels outside Europe only have double/twin rooms - in older/smaller hotels in Europe some do have single rooms, so it depends on what the hotel allocates. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Bob

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am going to Norway with Travelsphere this week. I have not tried them before as a single. I believe there are other singles on the trip so I will see how it goes! I am not expecting as much input from the tour manager as with JY but I hope they are helpful.
TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shaz5

I travelled with Travelsphere from 1994 until Just You started, so have not used them for sometime. I always had a double room. We usually eat together as we do with Just You. Had no trouble mixing with couples they all made me welcome and asked me to join up with them. Hope this helps

Tony

keep travelling this is real life not a rehearsal :thumbup:

Shaz5
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi guys. Thanks for all the comments. I've booked. Going on the Croatia opatija riveria tour.

Thanks a lot.

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Shaz5,

My partner as a single traveller went with travelsphere to Hawaii & California last May. There was about 5 singles with that group and she said that all got on well with the couples on the holiday. All the meals were not inclusive but the singles did mix and eat with the couples with no problems at all.

Have a great holiday to Croatia when you go. I was there in the 1990's in Split. Loverly place with cheap wine and meals. Mediterranean atmosphere and friendly locals.

Eric