BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

I was horrified to see that one of the knock on effects of the US govt's ridiculous shutdown is that all national parks and monuments have been closed. Perhaps you can't really answer this at present, but I'm just wondering how the folks currently doing the Manchester departure tour are faring and what alternative arrangements the tour manager has been able to sort out? I really feel for them, especially after the problems they had missing their connecting flight, and the poor tour manager must be tearing her/his hair out at this stage. I imagine this must be having an effect on the New England tours and other US tours as well. Fingers crossed it's sorted very quickly now...

All the best,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I do apologise for taking time to respond to you about this. Unfortunately due to the shutdown of the Federal Government of the United States a number of our customers' holiday plans have been affected. You will have seen that I have been trying to address those who are travelling in coming days and address their immediate concerns.

We have a number of tours which are largely unaffected by the shutdown, however our National Parks tours, given the very nature of them, have been significantly affected. The Manchester departure group ran a revised itinerary (I don't know the exact details of this) and sadly another Just You group have had their holiday cancelled. Our team are working around the clock to try and minimise the impact this shutdown is having on our customers but ultimately there are certain elements that are out of our control. We can only hope that this is situation is resolved soon and our customers can get back to looking forward to their upcoming holidays.

Kindest regards,

Julia