SueP365
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
just looking at the holidays for next year. Are Just You now only going from London Heathrow, what has happened to the Gatwick flights?

This is a big factor for when I'm booking my holidays, as I only live 30 mins by train from Gatwick and Heathrow can take 1 - 2 hrs.

Sue

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

In most cases, particularly long haul, we don’t get a choice of whether we offer a holiday from Heathrow or Gatwick – the selection depends on the airport which airlines themselves select, and most of them prefer Heathrow. Typically although the split is commonly seen as leisure destinations such as the Caribbean and Florida from Gatwick and business destinations such as Beijing and Singapore from Heathrow, the nature of the Just You programme means we tend to avoid many of the resort-type destinations (classified as ‘leisure’) in favour of more interesting destinations that offer a better touring opportunity or local flavour, which often fly from Heathrow.

If there are no internal flights on a tour itinerary, it may be possible to reach the destination from Gatwick (which we could potentially manage as a special request), but there may be a flight supplement, transfer fees, and an indirect flight to make the routing possible.

Thanks,

Tim

Nelson
  • (Member)
(Member)
How funny Sue , I thought the opposite. Too many from Gatwick rather than Heathrow.

I have crossed out quite a few interesting holidays in the new brochure because I can't justify a short holiday also needing 1 or 2 nights at Gatwick hotels.

Some of the long hauls look interesting though !

patricebry
(Member)
Hi.

I've received my new brochure and, as you promised, there are more long haul holidays flying from Manchester. However, I'm looking for a European one for my next trip and find that the majority of flights are from Gatwick. Sadly there are currently no flights from Manchester to Gatwick so have abandoned the preferred holdiday (Greek Islands) for North Cyprus, which flies from Heathrow. Is it possible to get a flight from Manchester where I don't have to reclaim my luggage at Heathrow, or change terminals. BA aren't in the same alliance as C

yprus Airways but Virgin is!! and they both use Terminal One!

Regards, Pat

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Gatwick is convenient for me as well as I can get a train direct from Luton. Heathrow is a nightmare, but if there was a holiday I really wanted to go which flew out from Heathrow then I would not hesitate to book it. Most of the holidays featured in the new brochure, which interest me are from Heathrow.

Regards

Jaya

DAFFIEGIRL
(Member)
Please holiday planners could we have more Stansted flight options. Even with a flight supplement, Stansted is a prefered option for many of us based in East Anglia. The airport is planning to double capacity over the next few years, so more destinations will be available. Heres hoping......
Bosuncat
(Member)
I am inclined to agree with Nelson to be honest. It's great that JY have obviously been able to negotiate some later return times for some of the holidays from Gatwick. It basically means adding 2 extra days on to the trip though with the cost of overnight hotels included. It soon adds up as well as having to have the extra time off work.

I'm heading off to Gatwick for the Tuscany trip next week and have fortunately been able to get an overnight at a B and B which was way cheaper than the Premier Inn. Most of the b and b's do not offer 24 hour service though so inevitably with late night returns I would have no recourse than to use one of the more expensive hotels. I find that hard to justify for a short hop to Europe and unfortunately am not able to do the long haul trips because of getting the time off work.

Still thinking on holidays for next year. National Express have made it slightly easier with putting on more direct coaches from Nottingham, so at least I don't have to change in London. And I still prefer using Gatwick to Heathrow. 🙂