p110757
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Just thought I would ask, when I check my bags in at Manchester on the internal flight down to Heathrow, which is part of the holiday package, would I need to collect my bags at Heathrow and re check in for the flight to Boston or will the two flights be linked with being within the package?

Also on another note, is it best to take more Canadian dollars than American as I see the majority of the trip will be within Canada? I understand you can't use one or the other in the two places.

Thanks Pauline

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

Please can you send me your booking reference and I will look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

p110757
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

Please can you send me your booking reference and I will look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Julia

The booking reference is A******

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Pauline

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

You should be able to check your luggage straight through to Boston when you check in at Manchester, and you should receive two boarding passes one for Manchester to Heathrow and Heathrow to Boston.

My colleague has asked me to advise you to confirm with the BA representative at the desk that they have checked your luggage straight through.

In terms of currency, this is at your discretion - you will be spending slightly more time in the USA and you are mainly budgeting for food and souvenirs as many of the excursions are included in the price of your holiday. It is worth mentioning that credit/debit cards are widely accepted in North America, but please notify your card issuer before you leave the UK.

Kindest regards,

Julia

p110757
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

You should be able to check your luggage straight through to Boston when you check in at Manchester, and you should receive two boarding passes one for Manchester to Heathrow and Heathrow to Boston.

My colleague has asked me to advise you to confirm with the BA representative at the desk that they have checked your luggage straight through.

In terms of currency, this is at your discretion - you will be spending slightly more time in the USA and you are mainly budgeting for food and souvenirs as many of the excursions are included in the price of your holiday. It is worth mentioning that credit/debit cards are widely accepted in North America, but please notify your card issuer before you leave the UK.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Evening Julia

Thank you very much for checking for me and advising re the monies.

I will ask at the BA desk in Manchester that the bag will be checked straight through ...dont fancy losing the luggage or it not being put on the flight to Boston...nightmare!!!

Pauline