DouglasL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi, Julia

Are the coaches used for the Highlights of Tuscany Holiday air-conditioned, fitted with seat belts and have on-board toilets?

If no toilets are there "comfort stops" on the various day and half-day tours?

Douglas.

;)

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Douglas,

All the coaches have air con and seat belts. Most tof the coaches have toilets but these tend to be for emergency only. However, the group will always stop for breaks on longer journeys.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Douglas,

I might be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me if I am..I do NOT remember comfort stops, on this tour, the drives are not to long, but long enough, I cannot remember a toilet onboard, or if there was I did not need it. As Julia says if there is they should only be used in a emergency.

This is a very nice tour you will have fun.

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I think it's a fairly standard "rule of thumb" on JY tours that if the journey is much longer than two hours, there will be a comfort stop!

Hope this helps!

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
I've been to Cilento twice and Croatia (Istrian Discovery) and I'm off on the Tuscany trip (which I am very much looking forward to) on 3rd October.

To be honest I cannot remember toilets on any of the coaches that we used. Going out to the hotel in Cilento the first time we had a comfort stop (3 hour transfer) and also coming back to the airport. The last time in May we (the Stansted crowd anyway) were transferred by mini bus (not plesant) with no stop.

Istria again was a 3 hour transfer from Zagreb but we had a comfort stop going and coming back. I understand the transfer to and from the airport for Tuscany is only short?

As for the trips? Certainly the day excursions that I have been on have not been an horrendously long time on the coach before you stop.

DouglasL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Douglas,

I might be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me if I am..I do NOT remember comfort stops, on this tour, the drives are not to long, but long enough, I cannot remember a toilet onboard, or if there was I did not need it. As Julia says if there is they should only be used in a emergency.

This is a very nice tour you will have fun.

Cindy

Hi, Cindy

Thanks for your reply. I used to have my own Tour Company looking after deluxe tour groups from the USA, who came to Scotland, and we had to ensure that we had a mid-morning and mid-afternoon comfort break on any full day tour.

Also, last summer on a coach transfer from Venice Airport to my cruise ship, the coach did not have seat belts fitted. The guide said that this was not compulsory in Italy, which I found surprising.

Douglas.

;)

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Douglas...

I don't remember seat belts at all ! Or if they were there I didn't use them tut tut!!

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Douglas...

I don't remember seat belts at all ! Or if they were there I didn't use them tut tut!!

Cindy

I can't remember seat belts either. I would have used them. :thumbup: