Ebs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Just wanted to ask the usual,

How many has booked so far?

The female/male ratio?

And the ages?

I also wanted to suggest that maybe next year, would it be possible to have an option New Year in Edinburgh?

Christmas has always been a popular choice and I assume New Year would be too.

I would be the first one to book that.

Erica

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Erica,

At the moment there are 19 travellers booked on this festive break (5 men/14 women) and ages from early forties-early eighties. For the past two years this date has almost sold out so I would imagine it will be a similar situation again this year so ask me again closer to the date and I'll give you some updated numbers.

Edinburgh at New Year? I'll pass your idea on to JY Will!

Kindest regards,

Julia

JY Will
(Member)
sounds like a nice idea, we will consider that!
DouglasL
(Member)
'Ebs' wrote:

Hi,

Just wanted to ask the usual,

How many has booked so far?

The female/male ratio?

And the ages?

I also wanted to suggest that maybe next year, would it be possible to have an option New Year in Edinburgh?

Christmas has always been a popular choice and I assume New Year would be too.

I would be the first one to book that.

Erica

Hi, Erica

Living in Edinburgh, I would recommend a New Year Holiday (Hogmanay) before a Christmas one. We do celebrate Christmas in Scotland but New Year has always been the main Scottish Holiday - there is nothing to beat "bringing" in the New Year at midnight on 31 December on Princes Street with people from all over the world and the fireworks going off at Edinburgh Castle.

Douglas.

;)

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
[Hi Erica,

I've booked the Christmas holiday in Edinburgh as it always seems to have been one of the more popular ones. I only live an hour away from the city, so thought it would be better for me travelling wise, rather than having to go down south in the winter! Douglas - your are so right, Edinburgh is THE place to be at New Year, and that's coming from someone who lives near Glasgow! The whole atmosphere in Edinburgh at both Christmas and New Year is brilliant, but especially New Year.

Hope you decide to book, Erica, and hopefully see you there

Anne

Puer aeternus
(Member)
Annie, I agree, I've been to Glasgow a few times but not Edinburgh, and would be very interested in New Year there.

I have to say, Your name makes me both laugh 😃 and recoil :s at the same time! It must be the bringing back memories of schooldays....... in a line..... strange woman pawing through my hair, lol!

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi there,

Thanks for the comments about my nickname! :thumbup: Before I retired, I was the Occ Health Advisor to the Fire Service in Strathclyde - the first one in Scotland - and because I was an unknown quantity, the firefighters thought I'd be doing something similar to school nurses, hence being labelled with anniethenitnurse! It was given without offence, and taken without offence, and still is when I bump into any of "my boys" when I'm out and about! So the name has stuck after being with the service for almost 20 years! I had a brilliant time working with them, but realised nearly 3 years ago that it was time to hang up my stethoscope and reitre at the grand old age of 60!!! Thoroughly enjoying my retirement and so many things have changed in my life now.

Take care

Anne

Ebs
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Paid the rest of the trip today in full and now I'm really in Christmas mood.

Douglas and anniethenitnurse, I have heard so many good things about the New Year in Edinburgh so it would be so nice to be able to have that too.

This is going to be my second time visiting Edinburgh. I was there couple of years ago with my sister in April.

So Annie I am looking forward to see you in there.

Any updates for numbers, female/male, ages?

Erica

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Erica,

In terms of an update on the numbers there are now 48 of you booked on this festive break, 11 men and 37 women, with ages from late teens through to mid-eighties.

Kindest regards,

Julia

DouglasL
(Member)
'Ebs' wrote:

Hi,

Paid the rest of the trip today in full and now I'm really in Christmas mood.

Douglas and anniethenitnurse, I have heard so many good things about the New Year in Edinburgh so it would be so nice to be able to have that too.

This is going to be my second time visiting Edinburgh. I was there couple of years ago with my sister in April.

So Annie I am looking forward to see you in there.

Any updates for numbers, female/male, ages?

Erica

Hi, Erica

The Edinburgh Christmas Programme has just been announced. Please look at the following website for more info:

https://www.edinburghschristmas.com/ 

Regards,

Douglas.

;)