Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi There,

need to think about homeward travel on 10th October on return from this trip, so, whilst I realise no times are guaranteed and are subject to change etc, etc, etc, could you give me a rough idea of the return flight times, what time we are provisionally landing in Gatwick, and, not having used Gatwick for donkey years, how long roughly do you think it takes from landing, to baggage retrieval, to strip search and interrogation by our lovely border guards :dodgy:, to actually getting out of the terminal?!

Many thanks.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

At the moment it looks like you will arrive around 14:20 at London Gatwick - obviously these times are subject to change.

I came through Gatwick earlier this year, and was at the car within an hour (although I have the face of an angel and did not have to endure any searches or interrogations). However,a number of factors do have an impact i.e. how many other flights are landing around the same time.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks for asking the question because I was going to ask the same. :D

I haven't used Gatwick since last year and then it was South Terminal. I'm debating still on whether to train it back or put up with the bus so I think allowing 2 hours should hopefully be okay!

Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi,

At the moment it looks like you will arrive around 14:20 at London Gatwick - obviously these times are subject to change.

I came through Gatwick earlier this year, and was at the car within an hour (although I have the face of an angel and did not have to endure any searches or interrogations). However,a number of factors do have an impact i.e. how many other flights are landing around the same time.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia, I think I've been watching too many of those Border Security programmes....

JustMargaret
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

Hi There,

need to think about homeward travel on 10th October on return from this trip, so, whilst I realise no times are guaranteed and are subject to change etc, etc, etc, could you give me a rough idea of the return flight times, what time we are provisionally landing in Gatwick, and, not having used Gatwick for donkey years, how long roughly do you think it takes from landing, to baggage retrieval, to strip search and interrogation by our lovely border guards :dodgy:, to actually getting out of the terminal?!

Many thanks.

I knew it, there is always one suspicious looking character in the group.

Don`t worry, Gatwick N is lovely - just try to cultivate the "Angelic" look and everything will be fine.

Having absolutely no knowledge of Latin, I just Googled Puer aeternus. I love it, is there a female equivalent?

Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustMargaret' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

Hi There,

Many thanks.

Don`t worry, Gatwick N is lovely - just try to cultivate the "Angelic" look and everything will be fine.

Having absolutely no knowledge of Latin, I just Googled Puer aeternus. I love it, is there a female equivalent?

"is there a female equivalent?"

Probably, but equality laws forbids me from saying anymore! :rolleyes:

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

'JustMargaret' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

Hi There,

Many thanks.

:thumbup:

And I certainly prefer Gatwick N to S.

Bosuncat
(Member)
Forgot to say Hi Margaret and see you at the airport. :thumbup:

You changed your user name!!

JustMargaret
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

'JustMargaret' wrote:

'Puer wrote:

Hi There,

Many thanks.

:thumbup:

JustMargaret
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Elaine,

Time ticking by and plans going well. Look forward to seeing you at Gatwick. Reviews look very promising. Really looking forward to seeing Florence. Regards, Margaret

Bosuncat
(Member)
'JustMargaret' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Elaine,

Time ticking by and plans going well. Look forward to seeing you at Gatwick. Reviews look very promising. Really looking forward to seeing Florence. Regards, Margaret

Same applies Margaret. I hope there are enough people booked to make the Elba trip viable!

I need to get my overnight hotel and travel SORTED!! 😕