Lesley33
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I'm booked on the Sep 10 trip to Canada and want to do all the excursions. Last year, posts were saying that they had to be paid in sterling, but one post this year quoted them in Canadian dollars. Has the situation changed i.e. can we pay in either currency?

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

I am advised that optional excursions that are purchased in the resort will need to be paid in Canadian Dollars. There are a couple of excursions that you can pre-book before you leave the UK and pay £sterling.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Lesley,

Have booked this trip also so looing forward to meeting you. I've booked the Lake Louise and Nature Walk trips which are pre-bookable. Was a bit wary about the helicoptor flight, but it has had good reviews so I'm going to do it. Hopefully I've budgeted correctly and will have enough Canadian $ to pay for the tours.

Kind regards

Ann

Lesley33
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ann wrote:

Hello Lesley,

Have booked this trip also so looing forward to meeting you. I've booked the Lake Louise and Nature Walk trips which are pre-bookable. Was a bit wary about the helicoptor flight, but it has had good reviews so I'm going to do it. Hopefully I've budgeted correctly and will have enough Canadian $ to pay for the tours.

Kind regards

Ann

Hello Ann,

I have also pre-booked the Lake Louise trip and will pre-book the nature walk now. I have been told not to miss the helicopter ride, so I will have to swallow my nerves and go for it. I was booked on the May tour which was cancelled, but I believe the weather was awful then, so let's hope we get some sunshine in September! Looking forward to meeting you too

Best wishes

Lesley

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Having recently returned from the Canadian Rockies and Vancouver trip, I can confirm that the two prebookable excursions - to Lake Louise and the evening Nature Walk - can be paid for in sterling. The other excursions, which can only be booked when in Canada and do rather depend on the weather, need to be paid for in Canadian dollars. If you don't book either of the two other excursions before you leave the UK, they will have to be paid for in C$ as well - you hand all the money over to your TM and he pays for everyone. If you go on the helicopter ride, which I definitely recommend, you can pay for that using a credit card or travel money card - you pay the helicopter company directly.

Enjoy your holiday and take lots of photos - I took over 300 on my new digital camera!

AnnF

Lesley33
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AnnF' wrote:

Having recently returned from the Canadian Rockies and Vancouver trip, I can confirm that the two prebookable excursions - to Lake Louise and the evening Nature Walk - can be paid for in sterling. The other excursions, which can only be booked when in Canada and do rather depend on the weather, need to be paid for in Canadian dollars. If you don't book either of the two other excursions before you leave the UK, they will have to be paid for in C$ as well - you hand all the money over to your TM and he pays for everyone. If you go on the helicopter ride, which I definitely recommend, you can pay for that using a credit card or travel money card - you pay the helicopter company directly.

Enjoy your holiday and take lots of photos - I took over 300 on my new digital camera!

AnnF

Thanks Ann,

That's really useful. It makes budgeting easier.

Lesley

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lesley33' wrote:

'Ann wrote:

Hello Lesley,

Kind regards

Ann

Hello Ann,

I have also pre-booked the Lake Louise trip and will pre-book the nature walk now. I have been told not to miss the helicopter ride, so I will have to swallow my nerves and go for it. I was booked on the May tour which was cancelled, but I believe the weather was awful then, so let's hope we get some sunshine in September! Looking forward to meeting you too

Best wishes

Lesley

Hello Lesley. Fingers x'd the weather is kind to us. It must have been disappointing to hear the tour had been cancelled, but it's not too far away now. I'm nervous about the helicopter ride as well, but when I read the review I decided it is a must! One of the reasons I want to do the nature walk is I thought it would be lovely to have a good walk as we will be on the coach quite a lot.

See you soon.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AnnF' wrote:

AnnF

Thanks Ann, this is very helpful, along with your fab review. I was just wondering if it would be worth taking my swimming costume in case any of the hotels have a pool. Do you think it's worth it, or will there be enough time?

Kind regards

Ann

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
There was an indoor swimming pool at the hotel in Banff (I'd nearly forgotten about it) but I don't think any of the others had one. I looked down on the pool from a small lounge area near my room. It seemed to be a reasonable size, with loungers, but I only saw it used once. You might find time to use it but your days are going to be pretty full, with 7.30-8.30 am starts. So it rather depends on how big the cozzie is and how large your suitcase.

AnnF

Ann C
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AnnF' wrote:

There was an indoor swimming pool at the hotel in Banff (I'd nearly forgotten about it) but I don't think any of the others had one. I looked down on the pool from a small lounge area near my room. It seemed to be a reasonable size, with loungers, but I only saw it used once. You might find time to use it but your days are going to be pretty full, with 7.30-8.30 am starts. So it rather depends on how big the cozzie is and how large your suitcase.

AnnF

Thanks Ann. Probably best not to by the sound of it, I read in the info Just You sent that they recommend packing own towel if you plan on swimming. I think the room in the suitcase can be put to better use!

Kind regards

Ann