Bev W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I was wondering how many people are booked on this actual holiday and also how many will be on the main Australian part of the holiday. Also are there enough people booked already to confirm that the trip will definitely be going ahead?

Is it ok to leave booking trips till you are on the holiday? I don't want to miss out on anything and am concerned there might not be spaces left on the popular trips. Might this happen?

Be grateful for any advice

Thanks

Bev

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev,

There are four of your booked on to take the Singapore pre-tour and a green tick in the reservations system indicate that it has been cleared to operate.

In terms of the rest of the group - there are 8 travellers booked to take the Amazing Australia tour and a further three on the Amazing Australia with New Zealand add-on.

Many of the trips can be booked before you leave the UK or when you are on holiday. Information about all of your excursions and how they can be booked will be included in your 15 week documents. The only time you would miss out on a trip is if there aren't enough people booked as minimum numbers are required. If the excursion is operating - then the Tour Manager will always make sure there is space for those wanting to go.

Kindest regards,

Julia

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Julia

i'm on the same Amazing Australia tour, by my counting that's sounds like 15 on the main tour, hopefully a few more will book by then, may I ask what the maximum is on this tour and also can I ask regarding the daily itinerary with our final documents, will this detail roughly what is happening daily such as included tours and optional tours which have been pre booked etc, only I know some people like to visit friends and relatives out there and like to know which days are free, I myself are having a night out in Perth with a couple I used to work with in the uk, with us arriving in the early hours of the Friday and the welcome meal most likely that night then the Saturday evening looks the best option, be nice to be able to give them a date in good time

15 weeks eek that's in just a week or so I can start expecting my 15 wk docs, can't believe it was already 5 months ago that I booked this trip

Thanks so much Julia

Regards

Dave

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

So this is what you will receive in your various packs....

Approximately 15 weeks before departure (so very soon)

* Details about travel arrangements

* Details of the optional excursions

* Country Information

Final documents

* Information about the airlines you will be flying with

* A guide to the facilities and services available at your departure point

* A day by day summary of flights and hotel accommodation

* A day by day itinerary

* Confirmation of the optional excursions that you have booked

* What to do in an emergency

* An friendly reminder about holiday insurance

I hope this helps with your planning,

Kindest regards,

Julia

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Bev,

Encountered no problems with booking selected excursions whilst on the same tour last year. Our tour manager was excellent in arranging them for us. Singapore was by local rep as the JY tour manager was on the Amazing Australia leg only and an different tour manager on New Zealand leg. The Singapore repersentative offered numerous tours and was in the hotel most days so if anyone wanted to go on a specific one could do so. A good one is the city tour with stop over at Raffles Hotel for Singapore Slings and good entertainment in the bar from a live group. Also included is a a pre- dinner before the tour by the riverside, which was very good.

**** Please Note***** Drink plenty of bottled water whilst in Singapore, the humidity and heat will get to you otherwise. I Didn't and suffered whilst there making my visit not as excellent as I wanted, and having to stay in/close to the hotel to get to the little boys room urgently.

Eric

SHELLY 1
(Member)
'Bev wrote:

Hi

I was wondering how many people are booked on this actual holiday and also how many will be on the main Australian part of the holiday. Also are there enough people booked already to confirm that the trip will definitely be going ahead?

Is it ok to leave booking trips till you are on the holiday? I don't want to miss out on anything and am concerned there might not be spaces left on the popular trips. Might this happen?

Thanks

Bev

Hi Bev,Just a quick hello as i'm on the trip as well. But only doing oz. Cant wait but never done such a long trip..All that time on a fight we must be mad. Talk to you soon Shelly 1
Bev W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SHELLY wrote:

'Bev wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Bev

Hi Bev,Just a quick hello as i'm on the trip as well. But only doing oz. Cant wait but never done such a long trip..All that time on a fight we must be mad. Talk to you soon Shelly 1

Hi Shelley

It's nice to hear from someone who will be on the trip as well. I'm getting quite excited now. It should be a fantastic trip. See you in Perth

Bev

Bev W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bev,

There are four of your booked on to take the Singapore pre-tour and a green tick in the reservations system indicate that it has been cleared to operate.

In terms of the rest of the group - there are 8 travellers booked to take the Amazing Australia tour and a further three on the Amazing Australia with New Zealand add-on.

Many of the trips can be booked before you leave the UK or when you are on holiday. Information about all of your excursions and how they can be booked will be included in your 15 week documents. The only time you would miss out on a trip is if there aren't enough people booked as minimum numbers are required. If the excursion is operating - then the Tour Manager will always make sure there is space for those wanting to go.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks for the information

Bev

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bev/Shelly

our Australia trip will soon be here the months are rolling by and our 15 wk information packs will be with us any day now, i'm only doing the main tour and have pre booked 4 excursions to date, perth freemantle, western McDonnell ranges in alice springs, and featherdale/blue mountains in Sydney as well as the harbour cruise, am wondering if anyone has booked the bbq in alice springs as may book that when there and def want to book the kuranda skyrail in cairns that leaves me a day to chill in cairns and some free time in Melbourne

regards

Dave