Auntie D
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Morning all.

I'm booked on the Andalucía Christmas break. However, my passport is due for renewal by 4th May 2014. Do I need to renew before I go on holiday, or will it still be valid with less than 6 months left?

Thanks.

Denise

:huh::huh:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Denise,

Not wanting to give you any misleading information I spoke with someone in our customer services department. They have said that the recommendation from the Passport Office is the passport must have 6 months from the date of return for international travel. As a company we follow and recommend these guidelines. For some countries it may be less, however it is advisable to have a longer expiry date for unexpected circumstances such as being taken ill abroad and unable to travel home at the end of the holiday.

I hope this information helps.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I do know of a lady who had to stay behind on a tour as she had to have an operation so was delayed by say 3 weeks so worth getting it re done I would say....

I have always used the Post Office fast track for passports and it has worked well.

Cindy

Auntie D
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Denise,

Not wanting to give you any misleading information I spoke with someone in our customer services department. They have said that the recommendation from the Passport Office is the passport must have 6 months from the date of return for international travel. As a company we follow and recommend these guidelines. For some countries it may be less, however it is advisable to have a longer expiry date for unexpected circumstances such as being taken ill abroad and unable to travel home at the end of the holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia,

That's great. I'll make sure I renew my passport before I leave, just to be on the safe side.

Regards.

Denise

:thumbup::D:D

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Denise

remember that the time you have left on your passport when you renew will be added to the ten years so you don't lose out on any time

Regards

Dave

the_baron1
(Member)
Denise,

I think I have read somewhere that the days left on your old passport are transfered to your new one.

Expect someone will enlighten me if this is not so!

Eric.

Auntie D
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Auntie wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Denise,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia,

That's great. I'll make sure I renew my passport before I leave, just to be on the safe side.

Regards.

Denise

:thumbup::D:D

Thanks, Cindy.

I called into the Post Office this morning for a form. I, too, shall be using the Fast Track system.

Regards.

Denise

:D:D

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello there.

I, too, used the Fast Track Service offered by the Post Office. My renewal application was dealt with very quickly. Yes you do have the extra time added to the 10 year passport.

Kind regards.

Mel

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Denise

When I last did my, it had 9 months left and as Mel said, it got added to my 10 years!

Anna