DouglasL
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Cannot find anywhere in the "Your Community" pages to ask these questions.

I am having problems with my postings:-

- They do not appear in the text or text colour that I choose.

- The "smilies" that I choose do also not appear.

I also get "funny" text messages at the start and end of my message, if I am posting a reply. eg:-

Wink[/color][/font

What am I doing wrong??

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi DouglasL

This isn't something I've come across before - I'll look into it and see if I can find any information.

You are managing to get posts published, so you aren't doing anything wrong otherwise they wouldn't post at all. Leave it with me.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Ariya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, I'm not sure about the smileys except to check that you've not got disable smilies ticked but I do know that the [/color] [font] etc are programming tags to tell the forum to display the text in a certain way. You need to make sure you have both a start and end tag for it to work.

For example to put something in bold would be your text here with the / indicating the end of the style.

The easiest way to do this is after you select a font or colour etc, type your message then click on [CLOSE TAGS] and it should automatically add in the end tag. However having an extra end tag would make it display in the message as [/color] instead of actually changing the colour. Just make sure you have pairs of 1 start and 1 end / tag.

Sorry if I'm not too good at explaining this, I did a bit of programming at uni but it was a while ago and I don't remember too much 😛

DouglasL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ariya' wrote:

Hello, I'm not sure about the smileys except to check that you've not got disable smilies ticked but I do know that the [/color] [font] etc are programming tags to tell the forum to display the text in a certain way. You need to make sure you have both a start and end tag for it to work.

For example to put something in bold would be your text here with the / indicating the end of the style.

The easiest way to do this is after you select a font or colour etc, type your message then click on [CLOSE TAGS] and it should automatically add in the end tag. However having an extra end tag would make it display in the message as [/color] instead of actually changing the colour. Just make sure you have pairs of 1 start and 1 end / tag.

Sorry if I'm not too good at explaining this, I did a bit of programming at uni but it was a while ago and I don't remember too much :P

Hi, Ariya

Thanks for your comments - seem quite complicated for me, as I a not very IT literate.

However, I have done posting on other sites where you can choose your text, colour, smilies etc and never had to do anything other than just "click" on the text etc and it works OK.

Douglas.

DouglasL
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi DouglasL

This isn't something I've come across before - I'll look into it and see if I can find any information.

You are managing to get posts published, so you aren't doing anything wrong otherwise they wouldn't post at all. Leave it with me.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi, Julia

Seemed to have solved the problem - not sure what I did wrong the first time.

Regards,

Douglas.