marks
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi julia,

Could you advise as to when the next brochure is out? I know there's a new Slovenia holiday and i am getting restless hehe. Also, when will you be adding 2014 dates to your website?

Thanks

Mark

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark,

I can, the "plan" is that the brochure will be out early June.

The website reflects the brochure so we'll have a number of tours with 2014 departures available from the end of May/beginning of June. Our complete 2014 programme will be available on the website from mid-September.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mark,

I can, the "plan" is that the brochure will be out early June.

The website reflects the brochure so we'll have a number of tours with 2014 departures available from the end of May/beginning of June. Our complete 2014 programme will be available on the website from mid-September.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Impatient lot aren't we?

Sylvia

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

I'm amazing at how many of our customers are looking at 2014 holidays - it puts me to shame a little as haven't even booked my holiday for this year!

Kindest regards

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, I've tentative plans for holidays for at least the next five years - it all just depends on JY coming up with the goods!

All the best,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Can you share you tentative plans? Fingers crossed we can tick a few (if not all) of your boxes.

I think the problem I have is that there are so many places I want to visit I can't decide what to put at the top of my list to book.

Kind

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I've firm plans for next year - Costa Rica/Nicaragua in March (as Will has dropped a big hint that there will be a JY departure then, really very excited about this as I've wanted to do this hol since Travelsphere first introduced it) and then China next Sept with a friend (hopefully) again with JY and including the Yangzte Cruise if available.

For 2015, I'm thinking about Peru and the Amazon (but I'm seriously considering the Travelsphere version as it is longer and the extra places it visits sound fantastic - picturesque boat trips, canyons etc; the add-on sounds better too: three nights in a better lodge/area compared with the JY two nights in a very basic lodge). I'm also thinking about Canada and wondering if there is any chance a deal can be done with the cruise company to re-introduce the Alaska add-on. For the years after that, I'd love to do New Zealand with the Cook Islands in 2016, followed by Australia the year after that. Other options high on my wish list are Tanzania with Zanzibar (I know JY don't currently offer this, so will look elsewhere - not Solo's I hasten to add - they do this holiday but go in April which according to all the websites is the worst time of year to go!!). Other countries on my wish list are Indonesia (with Travelsphere if JY don't introduce it), Ethiopia and Namibia (I love Africa - but I'm not currently considering the JY Kenya tour as I wouldn't want to share a room and the Mombasa part doesn't really appeal to me). Other JY tours that interest me are Hawaii, Russia, Jordan, Thailand (any chance of JY following TS and revamping this tour to include Laos? that would push it up my "to do" list a couple of places!) and I heard on the grapevine that Mexico might be re-introduced. I'd love to do Borneo and see the orang-utans as well. The new TS Dubai break sounds like a lot of fun too! So lots of ideas, hopefully the health and savings will bear up to the strain!!

I read in Wanderlust magazine of a couple that are trying to visit 50 countries by the time they turn 50 - this has inspired me and I'd have to fit a lot of travel in over the next few years, but I might just make it if things work out! Thanks for asking, you're probably sorry now that you did!

Cheers,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow that is some impressive planning - I have my work cut out to start making my own plans!

I really do hope things "work out" and that you get to visit all of these destinations - you'll certainly have an amazing time and plenty of reviews to write!

Kindest regards,

Julia

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

That is an impressive holiday plan! I did the Peru trip (without the Amazon add on - which I now regret) and it was impressive. The Russia & Jordan holidays were just as great.

I've found your reviews of holidays that you've done very good & very helpful.

Anna

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Julia, I'll certainly write a review for any JY trip that I do! I'm really looking forward to seeing what new holidays JY introduce over the next few years - depending on the destinations it could change my plans completely!

Hope you get to some of your dream destinations too!

All the best,

Bob

pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am also waiting for the new brochure. I need to plan my Feb 2014 trip.I have done several JY ones so my choice is limited
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi pat534,

the new brochure will be out in early June, do you have any preferences on where you would like to travel?

Kindest regards,

Julia

marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What, since when do JY not do Mexico?? I thought it was quite a popular tour, why did you guys drop it?
marks
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

My prolonged protest and persuasion for JY to do a trip to Slovenia and as such i am now lobbying for Montenegro. It is done in TS and is an excursion on the Christmas in croatia tour. Are you guys thinking of doing this? I like Bob's idea of Borneo and the Orangutans which i know TS do.

I have an idea Julia. Does the forum have the capacity to introduce a poll? One in which we could tick potential destinations and add our comments to suggest potential excursions??

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
WOW Bob you are so forward planning!!! Come August. Will be granny to 3, they are a costly item these days!!! But I can't wait to see what's on offer for 2014.... Hopefully not another grandchild!!!

Cindy

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marks,

Just You hasn't operated Mexico for a couple of years, sometimes we "rest" tours and re-introduce them at a later date.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-10851.html  - why don't you start a new thread to see who else is interested in Montenegro but also what other destinations top the wish list?

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark, TS have dropped the Borneo tour as well! But hopefully either they or JY will bring it back in a couple of years. Montenegro is on my wish list too - I really like the look of the TS tour as it incorporates Dubrovnik in Croatia and day trips to Albania and Bosnia/Herzegovina (Mostar). Sounds wonderful! I hope JY introduce it as well, as this would move it up a number of places on my to-do list!

All the best,

Bob

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Annam' wrote:

Bob

That is an impressive holiday plan! I did the Peru trip (without the Amazon add on - which I now regret) and it was impressive. The Russia & Jordan holidays were just as great.

I've found your reviews of holidays that you've done very good & very helpful.

Anna

Hi Anna,

Many thanks for your kind comments! I'd love to do Russia in particular. It's quite a short tour, so I think I'd try to do the Golden Ring departure if possible. Glad you enjoyed the Peru tour!

All the best,

Bob