valwelch
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Am seriously thinking of booking the China trip with the Yangste add on as I want to treat myself to a very special 60th birthday present !!

Reading some of the reviews I am just concerned how fit you have to be for this holiday - I am fairly active still working as a teacher and ride ( horses so they do most of the work !!) but is there an altitude issue or is it just long action packed days?

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch. This tour does not feature particularly unusual altitudes, you are quite right when saying, it is a holiday that aims to incorporate alot of the destination, so yes, it simply refers to busy days whilst there. It is a fantastic tour though that really does explore China in great detail,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I can guarantee you you are not too old. When i went to Paris with JY i was with a woman who was 90! She was full of life. Its a horrible cliche but it is true- you're as old as you feel. A lot of young people would have trouble climbing to high altitudes.

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am 54 but no way could I do altitude due to health...thats why I always say its not the age of poeple its the fitness..!!!!

Cindy

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went on this holiday at the age of 65 and even managed the 'tough' stretch of the Great Wall. Provided you are reasonably fit you will have no problems. It is a fascinating holiday and will make a marvelous birthday present to yourself.

On a practical note, I took some Chinese money with me but, as all meals etc are included, I actually spent very little. There are plenty of ATM machines. We went in September and the weather varied between hot and dry to cool and damp. Silk products are to die for as are the beautiful scrolls, two of which adorn my walls.

You will have a great time.