Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ben,

I have noticed that a lot of newcomers joining the community are confused as to why their threads don't show up immediately and they don't get replies straight away

Could I suggest that you display a message on the top of the board explaining what happens because a lot of people seem to get confused by the current system. It would be a shame if left the community because they are frustrated at not seeing their posts.

Warm regards Julie:thumbup:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ben is on annual leave today - I'll make it his priority when he returns!

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie, in fairness a box does appear telling people that their posts have to be monitored by the adminstrator before they appear. But perhaps some folks don't understand what that means! Regarding a reply to queries, perhaps posts in the Ask The Editor section could be put up as soon as they've been vetted, while Ben or whoever is researching the answer and these posts could be flagged "answer pending..." until the post has received a reply from the team. Just a thought!

All the best,

Bob

Gill2302
(Member)
Hi, I'm new and I was confused! I was expecting a thread or a reply to show more or less straight away, and yes, I feel the message you get about the administrator doesn't really explain clearly. Perhaps a message saying something along these lines.......' thank for your post, it will be added once it has been verified by admin'

Perhaps I'm just a bit too impatient ha

Gill

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply. When the message appears stating that it has to be monitored it doesn't mention that when you post a message after 5.30pm and at weekends it won't get seen until Ben arrives at work. I just don't want to see people fustrated and leaving.

I see you are going to Vietnam soon have a great time

Julie

sookie222
(Member)
Hi, just wanted to mention that (at least on my computer) the info. telling people that posts have to be monitored flashes up and disappears so quickly that I've never yet had the chance to read it 🙂. Don't know if this is something that can be slowed down on the website or whether it's just my pc! Sue
Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sookie222' wrote:

Hi, just wanted to mention that (at least on my computer) the info. telling people that posts have to be monitored flashes up and disappears so quickly that I've never yet had the chance to read it 🙂. Don't know if this is something that can be slowed down on the website or whether it's just my pc! Sue

Sue

The same thing happens on my computer as well

Mel

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie, you make a very good point about after hours postings! Thanks for your kind comments and I hope you have a great hol wherever you end up going next.

Sue, I think it must be your computer as it stays on my laptop for quite a while before disappearing.

Gill, yes it could be a bit clearer. I suppose I'm so used to it at this stage I don't even think about it!

All the best,

Bob

SMW
  • (Member)
(Member)
It Is very quick on my computer too. A couple of seconds at most. It might be better if it stayed up until the user clicked OK.
the_baron1
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Julie, you make a very good point about after hours postings! Thanks for your kind comments and I hope you have a great hol wherever you end up going next.

Sue, I think it must be your computer as it stays on my laptop for quite a while before disappearing.

Gill, yes it could be a bit clearer. I suppose I'm so used to it at this stage I don't even think about it!

All the best,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Mine disappears quickly too!! Although being quiet a regular on here I know what happens so it does not bother me.

The suggestions about the after hours postings that Julie made is an excellent idea and hopefully Ben or the I.T. can incorporate it somehow so the new posters do have an idea what is happening.

Eric.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I think it must be the way your computers are set up. My message does not disappear till I click OK!

Regards

Jaya

valerie lund
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

I think it must be the way your computers are set up. My message does not disappear till I click OK!

Regards

Jaya