stever
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben...

I'm booked on the Vietnam and Cambodia trip on Jan 23rd and I've just had all my final notes come through from yourselves regarding excursions etc. I have already booked the Kuala Lumpur taster excursion but with the description it says we have the chance to ascend the KL Tower which will be fantastic! My question is though, does the cost we've paid for the excursion include this or do we need to pay for this seperately? If we do need to pay this seperately do you know if they accept US dollars like Vietnam and Cambodia does as obviously Malaysia has a different currency?

Just thought I'd ask as I know Just You run this excursion a lot.

Thanks

Steve...

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Steve,

Apologies for the delay in replying, I have been awaiting a response from another team. I can confirm that:

The cost of the excursion includes:

- Rail travel from the airport in to Kuala Lumpa and back to the airport.

- KL Tower entry and ascension.

- A meal at a restaurant (drinks are separate)

In terms of currency, Malaysia is the MYR - Malaysian Ringitt, the restaurant will accept either MYR or USD.

I hope this helps and you have super time, not long now!

Kindest,

Ben

omoorem
(Member)
'stever' wrote:

Hi Ben...

I'm booked on the Vietnam and Cambodia trip on Jan 23rd and I've just had all my final notes come through from yourselves regarding excursions etc. I have already booked the Kuala Lumpur taster excursion but with the description it says we have the chance to ascend the KL Tower which will be fantastic! My question is though, does the cost we've paid for the excursion include this or do we need to pay for this seperately? If we do need to pay this seperately do you know if they accept US dollars like Vietnam and Cambodia does as obviously Malaysia has a different currency?

Thanks

Steve...

Hi - I'm booked to go on this tour in March and this is great to know as I haven't booked this extra excursion yet. But I wonder what we are doing with our cases while we go on this excursion ???

Thanks

Maggie

Worldtraveller
(Member)
'omoorem' wrote:

'stever' wrote:

Hi Ben...

Thanks

Steve...

Hi - I'm booked to go on this tour in March and this is great to know as I haven't booked this extra excursion yet. But I wonder what we are doing with our cases while we go on this excursion ???

Thanks

Maggie

I went on the Vietnam Cambodia trip last October it was brilliant you will love it. Your cases are booked all the way through from Cambodia to UK so you wont have them in KL. The trip I was on didn't get into KL as it was manic trying to get through airport control and security to leave the airport, so they cancelled the trip after waiting over an hour. Hope they have it more organised for you. I have been to KL and you will enjoy it. Tricia

jacq27
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI,

I did the Vietnam/Cambodia trip last year (October) and also did the KL excursion. I have to say I was not impressed. Its dark by the time you get into KL and there's not much to see, you're on the bus and it feels a bit like the wacky races as they try to rush round as many places as possible in a short time. The restaurant they took us initially refused to take any currency other than their own - the guide eventually go them to take US dollars. The meal was very rushed and we weren't given much choice as to what we could have.

In all of the excursions i have ever done the Just You ( and I've been on 8 tours) this had to be the worst value for money ever!

Best Regards

Jacqueline

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jacqueline, sorry to hear your excursion to KL wasn't great, I'm doing this hol next month and am very much looking forward to it and I was hoping the KL tour would be one of the highlights! Even worse to hear that another tour party didn't make it at all! We have an eight hour stopover in KL, so I'm hoping we'll have a better experience. At least it has to beat spending the time in the airport!!

All the best,

Bob

Aglassofredplease
(Member)
Thanks for the helpful information.

This excursion seemed expensive anyway to me.

I am now thinking of travelling independantly into KL centre - by fast train from the airport - less than £20 return and book online before we leave home.

Roy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Roy

Obviously you have a better sense of direction than me!! I would not be brave enough to travel independetly. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Jaya