sookie222
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben,

I've just received my list of optional excursions for the America Golden West April 2013 tour. I noticed that a Las Vegas Show is no longer listed as an option. I would definitely love to see a show while I'm there. When I was booking my other optional tours, I asked about how to book a show and was told that bookings would need to be handled via the Tour Manager during the holiday. That seems to be very short notice for popular shows or does it mean that the Tour Manager will have already block booked a show/some shows? If so, is there any way of finding out which shows we would have to choose from? Btw, in case anyone else is reading this for info. I've booked optional tours Canyon County 3-in-1 and Universal Studios - apparently the Alkatraz website only takes bookings 90 days in advance! Looking forward to meeting others on same tours.

Thanks Ben

Sue

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Sue,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm just looking in the new brochure on page 104/105 - America's Golden West and I can see 'Las Vegas Show' under optional excursions, is this the optional you are referring to? Is this missing off your optional excursion paperwork? If so, I apologise, and I will notify the necessary department, but I can confirm the Las Vegas show is still an optional excursion,

Kindest,

Ben

sookie222
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben,

That's right, there is no mention of a Las Vegas show in the paperwork I have received. While I was booking other options I asked the lady representative about it and she told me it was no longer a pre-bookable option and would have to be handled by the tour manager during the holiday. She couldn't give me any more info. than that. So, I was wondering whether the tour manager already had tickets for a show and could we please know the name of the show, just in case some people want to book something else instead online. I'm assuming if we wait until the holiday, it will be too late to book tickets for the really popular shows.

Thanks

Sue

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

Would you be kind enough to send me your booking reference please,

Kindest,

Ben

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sookie, when I did this tour two years ago, I decided not to do the offered Las Vegas show - the ratpack - as it didn't really interest me. I'm glad I didn't! Those who went had mixed views on it. The concierge in the Stratosphere booked some folks into Cirque du Soleil "O", which was expensive around $100 or so, but those who went loved it. About six of us decided to do the show in the Stratosphere itself - it was a tribute act to various US singing stars Elvis, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga and some others and it was very good and enjoyable. Best of all, because we were staying in the Stratosphere, we got two tickets for the price of one - paying just $20 each instead of $40! I hope this helps.

Have a great hol,

Bob