Bubblewrap
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am thinking about doing the Vietnam trip, but being a proper vegetarian (no meat, no fish) I am concerned that I will have difficulties with what to eat out there.

Could you please advise if I would have problems with my diet on the trip and end up dying of starvation. :huh:

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

thanks for getting in touch. The cuisine of Vietnam comes as a pleasant surprise to many visitors and is definitely a part of the Vietnam experience not to be missed. One of the characteristics of Vietnamese food is that it is always fresh being bought the same morning straight from the market. Food is usually prepared with a minimum of oil and served with the ubiquitous fish sauce called Nuoc Mam. Typical Vietnamese dishes you can expect to try including Pho, a type of rice noodle soup eaten for breakfast, cha gio, deep-fried spring rolls and Goi Ngo Sen, a delicious salad made with lotus stems, shrimps and peanuts. Due to the strong Buddhist influence in Vietnam, vegetarian food is widely available. So you will definitely not starve 🙂

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bubblewrap

I have not been on this tour but I have been on 8 tours with JY and am a veggie like you I have never starved yet... Make sure they know when you book so you get veggie meals on the planes etc..

Cindy

Jenny789
(Member)
'Bubblewrap' wrote:

Hi, I am thinking about doing the Vietnam trip, but being a proper vegetarian (no meat, no fish) I am concerned that I will have difficulties with what to eat out there.

Could you please advise if I would have problems with my diet on the trip and end up dying of starvation. :huh:

I have been on this trip and the food is delicious. A big variety. I am not vegetarian but there were a couple of vegetarians on the trip and a few who did not eat fish. all the diets were catered for and the vegetarian choices varied and looked nice enough to leave the meat eaters feeling envious! as long as you let them know before hand it will not be a problem. There were a lot of vegetable dishes even for the meat eaters so you will not go hungry. Best food I have ever had on holidays.

Jenny

Bubblewrap
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jenny789' wrote:

'Bubblewrap' wrote:

I have been on this trip and the food is delicious. A big variety. I am not vegetarian but there were a couple of vegetarians on the trip and a few who did not eat fish. all the diets were catered for and the vegetarian choices varied and looked nice enough to leave the meat eaters feeling envious! as long as you let them know before hand it will not be a problem. There were a lot of vegetable dishes even for the meat eaters so you will not go hungry. Best food I have ever had on holidays.

Jenny

Thanks for your helpful advice and comments, Jenny.

You have put my mind (and tummy!) at ease.