Alison J
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Do you know if the flights on 23rd May trip to China, returning on 1st June have individual TV's and programme control or one communal one? Might sound a weird question but I usually watch lots of films on long flights and if I can't control my viewing I will need to take bigger books to read!

Getting excited now, but trying hard to pack light!

Alison

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alison

I believe Air China uses the large overhead monitor for inflight entertainment in its economy cabins. They do offer individual screens and on-demand entertainment in business and first class. It might be worth trying to get a seat with a good view of the screen when you check in if you are flying economy.

Another option might be a portable DVD player - you can pick these up for around £40 now, or maybe cheaper.

I love watching films on long flights too - sometimes two or three in a row!

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Beesky
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the china trip in March and on both inyernation flights we had our on tv's on the seat backs. There were hundreds of films/programmes to watch!
dave53
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison

I believe Air China uses the large overhead monitor for inflight entertainment in its economy cabins. They do offer individual screens and on-demand entertainment in business and first class. It might be worth trying to get a seat with a good view of the screen when you check in if you are flying economy.

Another option might be a portable DVD player - you can pick these up for around £40 now, or maybe cheaper.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

HI ALISON,I went to China last year with China airways,and we all had own screen and controls.It may depend on what type of aircraft you fly in.You will have a great time there,trust me,David.

chemistman
(Member)
I took the "Wonders of China" trip last October. The Air China international flights from Heathrow to Beijing had individual screens in economy though they were sometimes a bit temperamental and slow to react.
Alison J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Thanks will check out the DVD player.

Best wishes, Alison

Eileen L
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Alison,

Returned from the China trip two weeks ago. You are in for a treat,a marvellous experience, very busy but so many wonderful sights.On both Air China flights we had individual TVs and programme control.so reckon you will have the same.Will be happy to answer any other queries if I can.Enjoy the trip.

Regards,

Eileen L

Caroleod
(Member)
I have just been looking at Air China website and reviews which are awful! Has there been any feedback from previous travellers about the standard of service?
Caroleod
(Member)
'Alison wrote:

Hi,

Do you know if the flights on 23rd May trip to China, returning on 1st June have individual TV's and programme control or one communal one? Might sound a weird question but I usually watch lots of films on long flights and if I can't control my viewing I will need to take bigger books to read!

Getting excited now, but trying hard to pack light!

Alison

Thanks for the 'heads up!' on the flight entertainment ....made me look at Air China reviews...wish I hadn't bothered! See you on 23rd ( with lots of books!)

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alison and Carole

Apologies - it looks like my information is out of date and that most Air China flights have individual screens now.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

nan00se
(Member)
I dis a bit of research a a few weeks ago when I read that they were using the old 707/747 which had less hand luggage space but more foot space.The infiomation i came across was that Air China has replaced their international flights with the new Boeing air bus which has the individual screens etc.I also read some bad reviews re Air China-some of them were quite old --and in the past i have found you often get people who have had bad trips reviewing and not so much the positive reviews-soi guess we just cross our fingers and hope they are one offs
nan00se
(Member)
its the air us 330 and it has the screens on the back of your seats
nan00se
(Member)
Caroleod -you were right there are alot of bad reviews on Air China -well at least weare for warned -some peopleseem to take some extra snacks-
Alison J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison and Carole

Apologies - it looks like my information is out of date and that most Air China flights have individual screens now.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Great - glad I checked back, yes Carole -I also noted service and food don't seem to be highly rated - perhaps in view of all the issues about flights that have been posted, Just You should consider British Airways flights to Beijing (support the local economy also)

Best wishes, Alison

Alison J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'dave53' wrote:

'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

HI ALISON,I went to China last year with China airways,and we all had own screen and controls.It may depend on what type of aircraft you fly in.You will have a great time there,trust me,David.

Thanks David, I am sure I will - really looking forward to it.

Best wishes, Alison

Alison J
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eileen wrote:

'Olly' wrote:

Hi Alison

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi Alison,

Returned from the China trip two weeks ago. You are in for a treat,a marvellous experience, very busy but so many wonderful sights.On both Air China flights we had individual TVs and programme control.so reckon you will have the same.Will be happy to answer any other queries if I can.Enjoy the trip.

Regards,

Eileen L

I was wondering what the train journey was like too - I've heard reports about dubious hygiene practices ( all part of the experience though)

Beesky
  • (Member)
(Member)
I goud the flights to be ok. Food was pretty good, although I ordered vegetarian. I would say there was less leg room than most international flights, but the films on offer make up for that. The train journey was the best part of the trip for me. It was comfortable and the facilities were fine. We had so much fun buying scarves and Christmas baubles (in March) from the stewardesses, we laughed almost the entire 4 hrs. The scenery was stunning the whole way too.
skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Caroleod' wrote:

I have just been looking at Air China website and reviews which are awful! Has there been any feedback from previous travellers about the standard of service?

God knows where the reviews you read come from.

Service, punctuiality etc all excellent

On the flight back we even had free drinks (inc beer!) from the galley at the rear, all we had to do was go up and ask

:thumbup: