JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

It has been a very long time since I have been to Heathrow, And the very first time since Terminal 5 has been in operation. I am due to Land at Terminal 5 on Friday the 20th April, before going to Terminal 4 for my tour flight. Can you please tell me if . There is a bus or travel link between the terminals or is it walkable. And is there a charge for any bus link service.

Also I a little dickie bird told me that there are no service lounges avialable at Terminal 4 due to some renovation work being carried out. Is this correct would you know. As I would very much like to book one of these as I dont really fancy wandering round the airport for 3 hours until my main flight

Regards Andy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy

You can transfer by the Heathrow Express train or by bus free of charge.

This link will give you you all the information you need about transferring. Personally I would use Heathrow Express:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/travel-between-terminals 

It's true that the lounge at Terminal 4 is currently closed. The owner shut it down and nobody has stepped in to operate a new one, as far as I know.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thank you for that. And your reply is most helpful

I have noted your reply.

Heathrow scares me, And I am more than likely to end up in Mexico than Bulgaria. Cheers

Andy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy

I'm always happy to help.

Mexico is great too - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time if you end up there!

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Andy

If you get lost just keep walking I am about 10 mins..(BY CAR) away...

Cindy

bondensbabe
(Member)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Olly

Thank you for that. And your reply is most helpful

I have noted your reply.

Heathrow scares me, And I am more than likely to end up in Mexico than Bulgaria. Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy. Heathrow scares me too, and I use Terminal 4 every year when I fly to Detroit on my own. However the Heathrow Express is very easy to use as is the bus link. I usually have 3 hours to kill too until my flight, and despite disliking Heathrow, find that the time passes very quickly at the Terminal. It's one of the smaller ones and the signage is I think very good there. Decent array of shops and eating places, and the customer service people are very helpful. Believe you me if I can't get lost there you won't! Good luck.

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Nixon, Olly and Bondensbabe

Thank you all for your help and advice. To which has been most helpful.

I am a big boy I ThInk I shall cope.

Regards Andy