Hannah
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I am new to this and I really want to book Americas golden west on the 10th September. What sort of age range and what sort of size are the groups normally? I'm only 24 and I have read loads of posts that most people in there 30s are the youngest in the groups. Please help I so want to book this holiday but I'm nervous. Thank you
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hannah

You probably would be the youngest in your group but I wouldn't worry about that. If you like seeing new places and meeting people, you will be fine on a Just You holiday. Group sizes for this tour are usually around 30-40 (it's one of our most popular tours) and most people will be in their 50s and 60s, but there are likely to be some in their 30s and 40s too. I'm sure you'll find that everyone gets on well regardless of age - if being younger isn't a problem for you, it won't be for anyone else. It would be a shame if it stopped you seeing this amazing part of the world.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hannah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Hannah

You probably would be the youngest in your group but I wouldn't worry about that. If you like seeing new places and meeting people, you will be fine on a Just You holiday. Group sizes for this tour are usually around 30-40 (it's one of our most popular tours) and most people will be in their 50s and 60s, but there are likely to be some in their 30s and 40s too. I'm sure you'll find that everyone gets on well regardless of age - if being younger isn't a problem for you, it won't be for anyone else. It would be a shame if it stopped you seeing this amazing part of the world.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly

I have Decided I am going to book it. I really want to book for the 10th September but after searching all the threads there are quite a few who are going on the 3rd September and the week after... Is there some reason why this date isn't as popular or will it fill up nearer the time.... Can you see how many are booked on so far? Thanks

Hannah

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hannah

I'm very pleases to hear you are going to give it a try - I'm sure you won't regret it.

So far 11 people have booked for 10 September and I'm sure there will be quite a few more by the time you travel, as there are still six months to go.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hannah,

Did this holiday in june 2010 and there was 18 of us which proved to be a good number cos you get to know everyone. I've been on trips with numbers up to 45 but much prefer the smaller group.

On another note (i know all trips are different) but on this particular holiday there was two ladies in their mid 20's in fact we had a very big age range but everone got on great.

Hannah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick

Thank you for your reply, did you do any of the extra trips and if so what would you recommend... I'm so excited now I have booked it I can't wait.

Hannah

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
If not been before i tend to do all the add ons (work on the theory that may not get chance again).

I'm not overly keen on some of the city tour tours (vegas night tour is a must though), SF day tour was good but not keen on the included night tour, thought waste of time.

LA tour is also good but not so keen on Palm Springs.

A lot of the places you actually visit when travelling between cities are great (Carmel, Monterrey, Solvang, Santa Barbara, Calico (cowboy town), etc and are a added bonus, all interesting but very different.

Universal studios is a must (it was included on our tour but think it optional now), suppose Grand Canyon is a must but quite expensive cos you have to fly out from Vegas. In hindsight i could have give it a miss cos i did Parks and Canyons holiday last year so saw it again (but without the extra flight).

Alcatraz doesn't do it for me, sort of interesting but still just derelect buildings, had done it a couple of years earlier when in SF so did the bay cruise which takes you right past for some good photos.

Rat Pack show is good, not really my music but its funny and entertaining and a good social night out as most of the group will go.

have fun

Hannah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick

Thank you for all your advice it is really appreciated. I'm so excited I wish I could just do it all. The grand canyon is definitely top of my list but everything else I wasnt sure. You have given me a few things to think about. Thank you

Hannah