JessieF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

Getting very excited about the trip - but still haven't received any tickets, etc, with only 10 days to my departure. Is this normal?

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jessie

You won't necessarily receive tickets as most of our holidays use e-tickets for flights now. But you should have received your 'Holiday documents' from us in the last couple of days. If you haven't received anything by tomorrow, I would give us a call on 0844 567 8844. Don't worry, there's plenty of time before you go.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

CaroleY
(Member)
'JessieF' wrote:

Hi there

Getting very excited about the trip - but still haven't received any tickets, etc, with only 10 days to my departure. Is this normal?

Hi Jessie

I am going on this same trip but not received my documents yet. I rang the office yesterday (Wed) and was told they would be in the post (lst class) later that day. I hoped they would arrive today but no luck. I am rather concerned as I will be leaving home a couple of days before the holiday to visit relatives on the way to Gatwick. Not sure what to do if they don't arrive in time, but I am probably panicking unduly.

I too am getting excited about the holiday. Look forward to meeting you.

Carole

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carole (and Jessie)

I'm sure these documents will reach you in plenty of time but if if you still don't have them next week, we can always email them to you. We prefer to send information by post but at least you will have all the information you need.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CaroleY' wrote:

'JessieF' wrote:

Hi there

Hi Jessie

I am going on this same trip but not received my documents yet. I rang the office yesterday (Wed) and was told they would be in the post (lst class) later that day. I hoped they would arrive today but no luck. I am rather concerned as I will be leaving home a couple of days before the holiday to visit relatives on the way to Gatwick. Not sure what to do if they don't arrive in time, but I am probably panicking unduly.

I too am getting excited about the holiday. Look forward to meeting you.

Carole

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carole

I received my documents yesterday - phew!! I will also be leaving home early, so was glad to receive them. Everything seems in order, and I am now getting my packing done - out of sight of the cat an dog!

I will be staying overnight near Gatwick, so there shouldn't be any last minute panics about getting there on time.

See you at the airport.

Jessie

CaroleY
(Member)
'JessieF' wrote:

Hi Carole

I received my documents yesterday - phew!! I will also be leaving home early, so was glad to receive them. Everything seems in order, and I am now getting my packing done - out of sight of the cat an dog!

I will be staying overnight near Gatwick, so there shouldn't be any last minute panics about getting there on time.

See you at the airport.

Jessie

Hi Jessie

I also received my documents on Saturday. I am also staying near Gatwick overnight, having flown down from Manchester the day before. Where are you staying? I am at the Premier Inn Manor Royal.

Carole

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carole

I'll be staying in the "Courtyard by Marriott Airport". I asked for the nearest (affordable!) hotel to the South Terminal, and this is what my Travel Agent found for me. I'll be flying down from Scotland and arriving early afternoon, so I will have some time to spend there. Could we perhaps meet up?

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carole

I think I replied - but pressed something and the screen disappeared, so I will try again! I will be staying at the "Courtyard by Marriott Airport" overnight on Saturday. I will be flying down from Scotland in the afternoon so will have some time to spend. Perhaps we could meet up? Not sure how to arrange this, but let me know what you think.

Jessie

CaroleY
(Member)
'JessieF' wrote:

Hi Carole

I think I replied - but pressed something and the screen disappeared, so I will try again! I will be staying at the "Courtyard by Marriott Airport" overnight on Saturday. I will be flying down from Scotland in the afternoon so will have some time to spend. Perhaps we could meet up? Not sure how to arrange this, but let me know what you think.

Jessie

Hi Jessie

I will be arriving at Gatwick at 1.30pm and have lots of time to spare, although I have arranged to meet up with a long lost cousin for a meal but no specific time arranged for that. I am sure I will be doing a lot of thumb twiddling during the afternoon and would love to meet up with you but like you am not sure how to arrange this. Any ideas?

Carole

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'CaroleY' wrote:

'JessieF' wrote:

Hi Carole

Jessie

Hi Jessie

I will be arriving at Gatwick at 1.30pm and have lots of time to spare, although I have arranged to meet up with a long lost cousin for a meal but no specific time arranged for that. I am sure I will be doing a lot of thumb twiddling during the afternoon and would love to meet up with you but like you am not sure how to arrange this. Any ideas?

Carole

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carole

I've just gone on to the Gatwick site and found out that there is a "Caffe Nero" before security at the South Terminal. What about meeting just outside there at 2.00 pm on Saturday? I'll make sure my "Just You" label is obvious on my suitcase. We could then arrange to meet later, or not, depending on any other arrangements you may have with your cousin. Let me know if this is suitable for you, and please feel free to suggest a different place or time.

Jessie

CaroleY
(Member)
Hi Jessie

That sounds a great idea. I shall probably be glad of a good coffee by then. I shall also make my JY label on my (strongly purple) case visible. Look forward to meeting you!

Carole

CaroleY
(Member)
'JessieF' wrote:

Hi Carole

I've just gone on to the Gatwick site and found out that there is a "Caffe Nero" before security at the South Terminal. What about meeting just outside there at 2.00 pm on Saturday? I'll make sure my "Just You" label is obvious on my suitcase. We could then arrange to meet later, or not, depending on any other arrangements you may have with your cousin. Let me know if this is suitable for you, and please feel free to suggest a different place or time.

Jessie

Hi Jessie

I have just had a thought. My flight doesn't get in until 1335 and I have to get from north to south terminal, so maybe we can make it around 2.15 - 2.30. Is that OK or will you be hanging around a long time?

Carole

JessieF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carole

That will be fine. See you then.

Jessie