bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly. After a lot of dithering about I think I am about ready to book for this year.

I am looking at Crotia's Istrian Coast for the 1st May. I've been before to Rabac and it's a lovely place, but it was many years ago.

I do have a couple of questions though, if you can answer them.

Has the company any idea yet of departure times from Gatwick to Zagreb please? None of the alternative airports are of any use to me, and if it is an early morning flight I would need to book into the b and b I usually use. It tends to get booked up fast!

Thanks.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Bondensbabe

Your departure time is currently showing as 8.30am from Gatwick but bear in mind this is provisional and will be confirmed in your final information documents. So a b&b is probably a good idea as check in will be around 6.30am.

I've been to Rabac too but I particularly liked Rovinj, which you will also see. I remember having some lovely ice cream by the harbour and walking up through the winding streets to a pretty church on top of a hill that overlooks the town. And if you haven't been to Venice, the optional excursion is a must!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hello Bondensbabe

Your departure time is currently showing as 8.30am from Gatwick but bear in mind this is provisional and will be confirmed in your final information documents. So a b&b is probably a good idea as check in will be around 6.30am.

I've been to Rabac too but I particularly liked Rovinj, which you will also see. I remember having some lovely ice cream by the harbour and walking up through the winding streets to a pretty church on top of a hill that overlooks the town. And if you haven't been to Venice, the optional excursion is a must!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Thanks Olly. I've just booked by telephone as on line booking was playing up, and had a lovely chat with a great guy called Dan who was able to confirm that 8.30am was the flight time with EasyJet, which was a great help.

I haven't been to Rovinji, so thank for the tip! Nor to Venice mainly because it is such a long trip and I don't do early morning coach travel very well. I might be tempted this time though, as I have done most of the other optional trips, Incidentally I noticed on the itenary re the Venice trip that it said high season only. Or do they only use the catamaran during high season?

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I'll check for you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks again! Perhaps I may have been confused looking on the Rabac website. There is a catamaran from there to Venice, but it does say high season only.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

The brochure & website both say 'high season only' so I've asked my colleagues whether this means the excursion itself or the catamaran. I'll let you know what they say.

Kind regard

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I'm told that May counts as high season so you would be able to do this excursion, as long as the sea isn't too rough.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor