JennyAJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

As a newbie I have a couple of questions - can you advise whether I need to take a travel hairdryer and kettle or will they be provided in the room? Should I also take some Swiss Francs and can you give me a rough guide to how many? Any other tips would be appreciated...likely weather, clothes to take etc. I am really looking forward to my holiday, but am quite nervous as well as it is my first holiday on my own since widowed 5 1/2 years ago

Thanks for your help

Jenny

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your question.

First off I will say, there's no need to be nervous 🙂 you are going to have a super time, the Tour Manager, a lady called Jane Dando, will be there to help as much or as little as you wish.

A hairdryer, kettle etc will be supplied in the room yes, they are often only themselves travel hairdryers though, so should you wish to take a more powerful full size one, this may be something to consider.

There will be plenty of opportunity to use cash machines whilst abroad, Jane will assist in this. We get a lot of questions regarding the best way to carry money etc We advise taking some cash but the Post Office, American Express etc offer a pre paid charge card which entitles you to cheap withdrawal rates, if not free of charge whilst abroad. If you pop into your local Post Office, they will assist you.

In regards to clothing, it is starting to get cold in Switzerland at this time of year, night time temperatures falling below zero and daytime temperatures rarely making it above 10 - 12 *C.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at rest,

All the best

Ben

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this tour in August. If it is the same Hotel, there were no kettles in the rooms but very good hairdyers. Do take Swiss francs you will need them on at least 3 days out.
JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

First off I will say, there's no need to be nervous 🙂 you are going to have a super time, the Tour Manager, a lady called Jane Dando, will be there to help as much or as little as you wish.

A hairdryer, kettle etc will be supplied in the room yes, they are often only themselves travel hairdryers though, so should you wish to take a more powerful full size one, this may be something to consider.

There will be plenty of opportunity to use cash machines whilst abroad, Jane will assist in this. We get a lot of questions regarding the best way to carry money etc We advise taking some cash but the Post Office, American Express etc offer a pre paid charge card which entitles you to cheap withdrawal rates, if not free of charge whilst abroad. If you pop into your local Post Office, they will assist you.

In regards to clothing, it is starting to get cold in Switzerland at this time of year, night time temperatures falling below zero and daytime temperatures rarely making it above 10 - 12 *C.

All the best

Ben

Thanks Ben, although nervous, I am really looking forward to the holiday.

Jenny

JennyAJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue2' wrote:

I did this tour in August. If it is the same Hotel, there were no kettles in the rooms but very good hairdyers. Do take Swiss francs you will need them on at least 3 days out.

Thanks Sue, appreciated. Jenny

sharonbudd
(Member)
'Ben' wrote:

Hi Jenny,

All the best

Ben

Hi

that has answered a few of my questions thank you as it is my first trip with JY, i also wondered about clothes for the hotel in the evening, what is the dress code ?

thanks

sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

It's really up to you as there isn't any formal dress code.

Many of our customers like to dress a little more smartly for the evenings so you might want to pack a few extra things with this in mind. But if you are more comfortable wearing something else, that's absolutely fine.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did this trip in August. Most people changed for dinner. Just smart casual .