SUSANNAH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have been reading some worrying reports that tap water is not safe to drink in Spain, and apparently bottled water in Mijas is just bottled tap water! - However, I have heard of a good brand called Solares .In Italian hotels I make tea for myself using hot tap water, but I dont think i will risk it in Spain!

Also, is it true that I will have to pay extra to use the room safe at TRH Mijas, and is there a minibar in the room?

Other reviews complain of dark rooms with no view.

I am travelling to Mijas with Just You on 28th Sept, so would like to be reassured that there is nothing to worry about -and i am looking forward to spectacular views from the hotel!

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susannah

My understanding is that you are usually fine to drink tap water in Spain, especially in the cities. However, if you are at all worried about it, I would just drink bottled water for peace of mind. I have heard of Solares too, so I'm sure that will be fine if you can get it. Your tour manager will be able to advise you too.

There is a small charge to use room safes and there are no minibars in rooms, as far as I know.

Have a great holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

SUSANNAH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly -thanks for your help.

I just thought that the minibar would be useful if I was drinking a lot of bottled water.-I have never stayed in a hotel without them before -even tiny hotels in venice seem to have them.....I'm sure I can adapt,- I always do!

I'm VERY excited about the holiday and wish it was longer!!!

Best wishes, Susannah

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susannah

If there is no minibar I'm sure you will be able to buy water from the bar or a shop (and a shop would probably be cheaper, too). You could pick up a big bottle when you get to Malaga airport to keep you going for the first couple of days.

Have a great trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

SUSANNAH
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Yes, I thought a 3-litre bottle would be useful! I don't drink alcohol, but I do drink LOTS of water!