pat534
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Talking to someone today who said that Deli Belly is inevitable in India.Hopefully I won't get it but as I will be on a touring holiday I am wondering what happens should someone be ill and not able to move onto the next hotel.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I wouldn't say a stomach upset is inevitable - if you only eat cooked food from reliable sources (eg the hotel restaurants) and drink bottled and hot drinks, you should be OK. It's definitely worth packing Immodium or similar in case you are affected but I'm sure others in the group will have some.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

pat534
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Olly.

I usually pack immodium etc just in case and will only eat from reliable sources but still wondering what happens if someone is not well enough to continue a touring holiday.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I've never heard of anyone being so ill they couldn't travel so I wouldn't worry too much about this. Rest assured we would look after you if you did suffer a stomach upset.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Pat

Not quite the same I know but a JY friend off mine was on the New Zealand tour a couple of years ago, and ended up having to have her gall bladder removed, the JY rep's staff and airlines where all so good to her, she did not re join the tour but ended staying over by a couple of weeks and flew home alone, but she is fine now and has no regrets about anything.

Cindy

pat534
(Member) (Topic Starter)