da1ve
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Wonder if you could help? I'm very much looking forward to going on the above trip at the beginning of October. I'd like to visit the Uffizi gallery during the day in Florence. However am getting the impression that I'm best reserving tickets online. Would you be able to advise which day/date we would be going to Florence in order that I can book in advance.

Many thanks

Dave

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave

I'm just waiting for an answer from a colleague. The snag is that the trip to Florence doesn't always take place on the same day of the tour. The tour manager may want to do things differently depending on factors such as the weather, public holidays opening times and so on.

I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

da1ve
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Olly

Many thanks for your prompt reply, fully understand your comments and look forward hearing from you should you be able to obtain further info before we depart

Many thanks

Dave

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave

I've just heard that the Florence trip is likely to be on Day 6 of your holiday.

Bear in mind that there is a possibility that the schedule for this trip might change so the best thing to do might be to book once you get to Italy.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

jamaine
(Member)
Hi Dave,

I don't know if this will help, but we went to Florence on Easter Sunday this year to see the Scoppio del Carro ("Explosion of the Cart"). As you would expect it was absolutely heaving...

The queue for the Uffizi gallery was taking over one and a half hours for those who already had booked their tickets online and about twice as long if you had not!

It is really worth going to but be prepared for possibly a long wait.

Hope you enjoy it - John