patr
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Could you tell me how long it is generally before you receive written documentation on booking a holiday? I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks but nothing has arrived. I rang up last week and was told it would probably arrive in the next 7 to 10 days, ie nearly 3 weeks later

Is this normal?

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Patr

Yes, you should receive your confirmation around then. If you haven't had anything by the end of next week, let me know and I will look into it for you. Please include your booking reference too.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patr
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Does it usually take this long? On booking *** I was told "3 to 5 working days" on 16th June. I rang on 24th June to be told "7 - 10 working days", and now, per your reply it could be up to 12 days, which brings the date roughly to 9th July. I presume full payment will be due at the end of the month, so I would like some documentation before then.

Perhaps somebody could ring me if there is a problem?

Best wishes

Patr

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I have asked our Holiday Advisors to send you another letter if one is not already on the way.

I also checked your booking and, rest assured, everything is fine.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patr
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

The documentation finally arrived on 1st July - the date shown on the correspondence was 24th June - I do think your advisors should not say "3 to 5 working days" as this is misleading - something to the effect of "7 to 10 working days then 2nd class post would have been more useful.

At least it has arrived!

Best wishes

Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

It sounds like your documents were held up in the post. But I'm glad to hear you have them now.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patr
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

Received another set of documents today (6th JUly) dated 17th June, with no regional flight details included. Can I assume the previous correspondence dated 24th June is correct?

Best wishes

Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

Yes, you should refer to the letter with the most recent date.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor