nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

I am booked on SLNZ paperwork states Depart 12th January 2012

Brochure states Depart 12th January 2012

on line it states Wed 11 Jan 2012

I take it I am correct and online is wrong?? can you clarify this for me.

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

I am looking into this for you. In the meantime can you let me know your booking reference?

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

My Booking Ref is ***

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

The website is correct. The 12 January departure date has been changed to 11 January, still flying from Heathrow. A letter should be on its way to you soon giving you the revised details.

I hope the change isn't inconvenient for you. When this happens, it is usually because the airline has changed or the airline has changed its flight schedule. Unfortunately we have no control over this.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

Thanks for that information. I shall wait the letter.

Thank you

Cindy

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

I still have had no letter from the office yet? explaining the change etc.

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

I'm sorry about that. I will give them a nudge for you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly,

I have now had paperwork through and we are getting another night in Hong Kong!!!!. We were meant to be going to Christchurch, on day's 11 & 17 -20 do the tour people now know if these dates stand re the earthquake, or if we will be going to somewhere else? If so where?

Also I note from website the other day there were 4 places left on this tour, so how many will be on the tour in total?

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

As far as I know, you will be visiting Christchurch as planned. As always, we will let you know if there are any significant changes to your holiday, and by the time you go in January I expect much of the damage will have been repaired.

That's good news about the extra time in Hong Kong - it's one of my favourite cities. There is so much to do there.

So far 20 people have booked this holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

Thanks for the quick responce...Really looking forward to the trip, and Hong Kong will be FAB went there about 37 years ago...OMG how old am I feeling now...

Cindy

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

With the postings on pre booking optional excursions, as there are quite a few and they cost a fair bit, will I be able to pay for the New Zealand ones before I go? and I know it's a bit early but any idea on the tour manager as yet? Also a very important question about taking food in suit case, I am a vegetarian and I always pack snacks ie. cuppa soups pasta in a mug meals, chocolate and crisp nibbles, just in case I have a dissaster of a meal while away, I know when I travelled into Australia, I got told this wasnt really to be done, I was allowed after pleading my case and them having a look and everything was sealed. Will this be the same case with flights to New Zealand via Hong Kong as well.

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

At the moment these excursions can only be paid for in cash while you are away. It's possible that this may have changed by the time you go so have a look at your final information before you go. It should be easy enough to withdraw cash in New Zealand, as you will find plenty of cashpoints in the big cities.

We haven't appointed a tour manager yet but I should be able to tell you by November.

As for the food, I know some countries have strict rules about importing meat and vegetables and other perishables but I'm surprised you've had any trouble taking dry food on your travels in hold luggage. I've always brought packets and jars back from my holidays without any trouble.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

Thank you will check in again in Nov

Cindy

SylviaJ
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Olly

With the postings on pre booking optional excursions, as there are quite a few and they cost a fair bit, will I be able to pay for the New Zealand ones before I go? and I know it's a bit early but any idea on the tour manager as yet? Also a very important question about taking food in suit case, I am a vegetarian and I always pack snacks ie. cuppa soups pasta in a mug meals, chocolate and crisp nibbles, just in case I have a dissaster of a meal while away, I know when I travelled into Australia, I got told this wasnt really to be done, I was allowed after pleading my case and them having a look and everything was sealed. Will this be the same case with flights to New Zealand via Hong Kong as well.

Cindy

Cindy

I suggest you check with the New Zealand High Commission website as you are not allowed to take any food into or out of NZ - biosecurity. At the airport they have honesty bins for you to drop off food before you go through customs/security. There are even sniffer dogs checking out your luggage - even on the conveyor belt!

Sylvia

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sylvia

Thanks for that information. I did get told off nicely when I went to Australia, so I think I shall have to leave my nibbles at home and just buy stuff as I go when there. Have visions of me being carted off to the interveiw room leaving the tour behind..

Cindy