Sammyjo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear Ollie

Hope you can help?

I booked a holiday to Texas and New Orleans last night for October and I have a discount voucher from when i went to Lake Garda in May. Marius told us that the voucher is doubled this time so going on long haul i should have recieved 100 pounds off. But last night when i booked my holiday Ravi said that is only for holidays booked next year!!. When i told my friend (who i went to lake garda with) about this she is actually booked on to the Bruges trip in Oct this year! and she managed to get the double discount. I find this really unfair. I know 100 pounds may not seem that much to fuss about but i have spent quite a lot of money with you this year and over the past couple of years, going to Aus, america's national parks and canyon, Kenya, Lake Garda and now Texas. Would you mind looking into this for me?

Thanks

Sam

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sam,

You should of received the discount yes, the only thing I can think is that the month time frame has lapsed for booking with the ticket? Vouchers are valid on all bookings providing they are booked within a month of them being issued.

If this isn't the case, I will argue your case, please advise asap,

Thanks

Ben

helens
  • (Member)
(Member)
Is 'Just You' still giving out discount vouchers? I am just back from Japan, and when I asked the Tour Leader about them, she said they weren't doing them anymore.

I have always come back from holiday and booked another straight away, as it makes a difference with the voucher.

Sammyjo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes i had booked the holiday within the month time frame. Voucher expiry date is 170611 and i booked the holiday on Monday evening. He gave me the 50 pound off, but not the double discount which Marius said was on offer. Ravi the guy i booked it through said the double discount is only for holidays next year. But as stated my friend booked her holiday in Oct for Bruges and managed to get the double discount.

Looking forward to your reply

Sam

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'helens' wrote:

Is 'Just You' still giving out discount vouchers? I am just back from Japan, and when I asked the Tour Leader about them, she said they weren't doing them anymore.

I have always come back from holiday and booked another straight away, as it makes a difference with the voucher.

Good Afternoon Helen,

Yes they are still available, my apologies, can you please send me your booking reference for your Japan tour and I ensure one is posted out to you,

Kind Regards

Ben

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Ben

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes i had booked the holiday within the month time frame. Voucher expiry date is 170611 and i booked the holiday on Monday evening. He gave me the 50 pound off, but not the double discount which Marius said was on offer. Ravi the guy i booked it through said the double discount is only for holidays next year. But as stated my friend booked her holiday in Oct for Bruges and managed to get the double discount.

Looking forward to your reply

Sam

Good Afternoon Sam,

I have got to the bottom of this now. The double discount is only available for 2011 holidays, it doesn't include 2012 holidays unfortunately. Marius may have misunderstood the terms, I can only apologise for this oversight. In respect of your friend, we have a price match guarantee offer on at the minute, where by, holidays booked last year for instance, if they were available with a £50 discount, and have now got a £100 discount, the difference will be met by Just You.

I hope this is a satisfactory answer,

Ben

helens
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Ben.

Booking Reference for my Japan trip was A150200.

Thanks again

Helen

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'helens' wrote:

Thanks Ben.

Booking Reference for my Japan trip was A150200.

Thanks again

Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your booking ref, I am getting a voucher posted out to you,

All the best,

Ben

KMcP
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ben, I'm the friend Sam refers to who got the double discount for booking another JY for this year. Sam has booked the Texas holiday for 2011, so she should be getting the double discount - I'm sure she'll be in touch with JY as we both booked within 1 month of returning from (the really magnificent) Lake Garda holiday. Regards, Karen.
Sammyjo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

Sorry i think you have misunderstood me. My holiday is for this year in October, so therefore i should get my double discount then? When i booked my holiday on Monday Ravi said the double discount was for next years holiday (2012), and no this years, but i have booked my holiday for Oct 2011 (this year). I will ring them again! tonight as my voucher runs out tomorrow so i dont want them to have that excuse on their hands

Thanks

Sam

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'KMcP' wrote:

Hi Ben, I'm the friend Sam refers to who got the double discount for booking another JY for this year. Sam has booked the Texas holiday for 2011, so she should be getting the double discount - I'm sure she'll be in touch with JY as we both booked within 1 month of returning from (the really magnificent) Lake Garda holiday. Regards, Karen.

Good Morning,

Thanks for your message, I think I have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere! I will go fight her case right now with Ravi! Glad you had a good holiday,

Thanks very much

Ben

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sammyjo' wrote:

Hi Ben

Sorry i think you have misunderstood me. My holiday is for this year in October, so therefore i should get my double discount then? When i booked my holiday on Monday Ravi said the double discount was for next years holiday (2012), and no this years, but i have booked my holiday for Oct 2011 (this year). I will ring them again! tonight as my voucher runs out tomorrow so i dont want them to have that excuse on their hands

Thanks

Sam

Good morning Sam,

Yes I think I have misunderstood apologies..If you have any problems with Ravi, please tell him to call me on 8128.

Let me know the outcome,

All the best

Ben

Sammyjo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

Its me again! Phoned up and they put the query through to discounts team. I have just had an up dated confirmation through and it looks as though they are only giving me the £50 off. Would you mind sorting this for me please, I dont seem to be getting anywhere with the £100 off. Perhaps they need to look at the email that was sent to Marius saying about the double discount. It seems really unfair for my friend to get her double discount for her holiday in Oct 2011 and i am not for mine in Oct 2011.

look forward to hearing your reply

Thanks again

Sam

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sam

Can you let me know your booking reference? I will try to get a definitive answer for you about which discounts you can use on this booking.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sammyjo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

My booking ref for Texas is ***.

To explain it better. I went to Lake Garda with a friend back in May. We were told by Marius that our discount vouchers were double for holidays booked this year (voucher ref 34202 existing booking ref a176206). When i went to book my holiday for Texas i told them that I should have double money off (£100). They said it was only for holidays which would be booked next year 2012!. I then went on to tell my friend Karen whom i went to Lake Garda with, and she told me that when she booked for Bruges in Oct (this year!) she got her double discount. So how come Karen can get the double discount for Bruges this year, but i cannot for Texas this year? This does seem a bit unfair. Marius told us at the time that he had received an email with regards to double discounts

Look forward to your reply

thanks Sam

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sam

Good news - I asked our holiday advisors to check this for you and you are indeed entitled to the double discount. This has now been applied to your booking. One of our holiday advisors will be in touch to confirm this for you.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sammyjo
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thats fantastic news. Thanks very much

best wishes

Sam