breadcrumb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

I need abit of advice for my Cuba trip please,

I have heard on other websites that things like hair straighteners (or hair irons as they somethimes called) might be confiscated at customs,due to using too much electricity,is this still true?

What currency do I use also,as I hear there is two types of currency in Cuba?

Do I need any injections,mosiqito sprays?

Lastly what type of plug adaptor would I need?

Lastly,I found a Cuba thread I posted on on here has seemed to have disappeared and my post count gone down..had the thread been removed Olly,it was quite a long thread and dispite only three people posting on it,it had quite alot of views.

Im just curious as to where its gone and my post count going down,lol :)

Thank you on your help Olly,and sorry to ask so many questons:blush:

Many Thanks,

Sharon.x

AngeS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Olly i was one of those on that thread, and I have been looking for it, thought i was going mad, when i couldn't find it, can you let us know what has happened to it please, i think there were 33 or 34 replies on the thread

Ange

expert
  • (Member)
(Member)
'breadcrumb' wrote:

Hi Olly,

I need abit of advice for my Cuba trip please,

I have heard on other websites that things like hair straighteners (or hair irons as they somethimes called) might be confiscated at customs,due to using too much electricity,is this still true?

What currency do I use also,as I hear there is two types of currency in Cuba?

Do I need any injections,mosiqito sprays?

Lastly what type of plug adaptor would I need?

Lastly,I found a Cuba thread I posted on on here has seemed to have disappeared and my post count gone down..had the thread been removed Olly,it was quite a long thread and dispite only three people posting on it,it had quite alot of views.

Im just curious as to where its gone and my post count going down,lol :)

Thank you on your help Olly,and sorry to ask so many questons:blush:

Vicky again. Good???. Cant go if hair straightners a no no. I cant open the buddy list seems gremlins in the works. I was told to take sterling as it is a closed currency country. I am having trouble opening the buddy list .Grmlins in the works

expert
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,something not right with this site lately. Maybe my computer wont let me open the buddy list more than once per visit. So have to go all round the houses and not sure if my posts are getting through. Give us a message back,by the way electrican appeared today!

Regards Vicky

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

I've never heard of straighteners and other gadgets being confiscated in Cuba, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Currency is carefully controlled in Cuba. When I went as part of a cruise, anyone in my group who wanted to change money had to do it at the port. I wouldn't recommend taking US dollars but Sterling is fine.

I would urge you to talk to your GP about any jabs you might need.

http://electricaloutlet.org/ 

I'm not sure what has happened to your thread. The best way to look is to use the search facility (top right) and enter Cuba. Hopefully you will find the thread here.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange

As I wrote to Sharon, I'm not sure what has happened to your thread. The best way to look is to use the search facility (top right) and enter Cuba. Hopefully you will find the thread here.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

jd372
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange

Recently back from Cuba (had a fantastic time), my straighteners were in my suitcase and survived customs, however a fellow traveller had a water heating element (for making tea) in hand luggage and that was confiscated...

Have a fantastic time

Judith

breadcrumb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone :-)

Thanks for all your replies! Thank you very much to you Olly for your advice,and to you too Judith :-)

Nice to hear you had a great time in Cuba,Judith.Yep Ive heard stories of electrical things been confiscated.Good idea I be putting my hair straigheners and other electrical goods in my main case.

Olly-sounds wonderfull of your Cruise to Cuba,hope you had a fantastic time.Yep I do that thank you,I will take Sterling with me.:thumbup:.

Many thanks to all four of you! xx:)

Sharon.x

FionaSt
(Member)
Hi All, yes I lost thread too. I know I have not had mojitos yet.

Had a taste of Cuba on Monday, went to a concert by Orquesta Buena Social Club, from Havana. 12 Musicians with average age of at least 50/60. Great, could not understand the words but did the rythym. Lets all visit a club in Havana with real music. I'm game if anyone else is. Now less than 5 weeks to go.

Hairdryer etc are going in suitcase. not worht while taking the risk of having items taken off us.

Also found a webpage that says we have to take sterling with us, new or newish english notes, not scottish in my case. And change there.

Fiona x

breadcrumb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fiona,

Sorry on the late reply.I tasted Mojitos for the first time yesterday in a bar in town,Oh they taste fantastic! I am looking forward to them on our trip.

That sounds great what you attended,glad your enjoyed it very much.Yes,Im all for visting a club in Havana!

Under 4 weeks now.

Yep me too,electrical goods like my straighteners will go in my suitcase.

Ive heard this on the currency,we cannot get it from outside Cuba,as its worthless once we left the country.

Hope you get this reply,sorry on been so late,had to get a new computer.

Sharon.x