ClaireJH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the San Fransisco/LA/Las Vegas tour that departs on 7th March this year.

I am a bit worried about what I should pack, clothes wise. I'm presuming it isn't going to be very warm!

Also, the information I have received says that I need to check in, on-line, 24 hours before departure. I would have thought that Just You travellers would be seated in close proximity to each other, but how will that happen if we all check in 24 hours before hand?

And how does the VIP lounge work?

Is the outward flight direct? And how long does it take?

Can you tell that I am starting to worry a bit?

Thanks,

Claire

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Clare

The weather is likely to range from cool to quite warm (around 10-20 degrees Celsius) so I would pack a good mix of clothes.

My understanding is that you don't have to check in online for this tour and you should be able to check in at the airport. It might be worth re-reading the letter as it may just say that there is the option of checking in online. Generally speaking, we book blocks of seats so our customers can sit together on flights, although this isn't always possible.

To get into the VIP lounge, you will need a voucher from us to present at the desk. You will probably have received this with your final documents in the last few days. The lounge is a great place to relax before your flight and start getting to know your fellow travellers so please call us on the number at the top of this page if you don't have it.

The outward flight is direct to San Francisco and will take about 11 hours.

Try not to worry too much - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Claire, I've just been reading my travel docs and don't see anything about checking in online. As far as I can see all we have to do is present our passport and have the travel code handy. Looking forward to meeting you and the others on Monday!
JoanneC
(Member)
Hi Olly

I found your reply to Claire very helpful as I am going on this tour and have been wondering about the weather and what to pack.

Thank you

JoanneC

;)

ClaireJH
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your reply, Ollie.

I didn't imagine the bit about checking in on-line. My Final Holiday Information letter states 'To get the best choice of seats, we suggest that you check-in online as early as possible'. Which was why I asked the question. I am happy to check-in at the airport, or online - I just wondered how we would be sitting together as a group if we were all checking-in from home!

Look forward to meeting you both on Monday!

Claire

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Claire

I'm sure you didn't imagine it. Sometimes our customers are keen to sit in a particular part of the aircraft or just prefer flying on their own, so the online check-in option is more useful for them. As you say, if you want to sit with the rest of the group, you are usually better off checking in at the airport.

I hope you had a good trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor