expert
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly me again. I have yet to miss a flight but what if one does? I know a charter flight operates differently to a scheduled flight. I am doing the cuba trip and wonder what the procedure is if this unfortunate thing happens.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Expert

I haven't heard of this happening in my time at Just You but I would say it's definitely worth avoiding! Where possible we would try to put you on to the next flight but it might be that the next flight isn't for a few days or that there aren't any seats available and you would end up missing your holiday. The best thing to do is get to the airport in plenty of time. I always try to get there at least an hour earlier than I should in case there are any traffic or transport delays.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

sweet pea
(Member)
I have a similiar worry. I too am going to Cuba but in July. I'm used to travelling and dealing with busy airports etc so i always get there early but i am travelling from Manchester to Gatwick first, then on to Cuba. I am thinking that it may not be possible to put my luggage straight through to Cuba and that i will have to collect it first then go through security etc again. This is why i've the same worry as 'Expert'. I don't want to be stuck in a queue at security and miss the flight. Its a morning flight from Gatwick. I am thinking now that if i had realised this i should have booked the Manchester flight for the night before.(I booked the Manchester flight with Just You) Apart from that big worry i am looking forward to going on my first holiday with Just You!
sweet pea
(Member)
Dear Olly

I hope you don't mind but i decided to ring customer services to air my concerns( re missed flight). I just wanted to put my mind at rest. Thanks for all your help.

sweet pea
(Member)
Dear Olly

Just a little note to say that Customer Services have sorted everything out

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sweet Pea

I'm glad to hear it. Just to say, when we book your connecting flights, we always take care to build in a little time in case there are delays or any other problems.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Veelight
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Sweet Pea

I'm glad to hear it. Just to say, when we book your connecting flights, we always take care to build in a little time in case there are delays or any other problems.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Hi This is very true Olly, as i an flying from Aberdeen to HR and booked it with JY, and gave them my flight times, but a few weeks later they phoned me, to say they had look again at my return times, and said they would be changed, as it was not giving me enough time to get to and from termanial 1 - 4 for my flight home, im very impressed with this company, and also giving me time for breakfast,

Well Done JY ......................Vee

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vee

I'm glad to hear we made your journey better.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor