countess
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of booking for the October Cruise. I was wondering how many have booked so far and what the age range is likely to be on this trip. Also on the brochure page there is a note about not all the excursions running for the October date. The Itinerary seems to highlight those things that are not going to be running. Is there any more info on what will be replacing them?
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Nine people have already booked the October date so I would expect this to sell out soon. Most travellers will probably be in their 50s or 60s but there may well be people from other age groups today, from 30s through to 80s.

There are two fewer excursions on this holiday (Salamanca and the Port Wine tour) but this is because the tour is two days shorter at six instead of eight days. You will have plenty of opportunities to sample port wine while you are there, so you won't be missing out on too much by booking the October date.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Bonnie1810
(Member)
Hi, I too am considering the Douro Cruise, however when I look at the Departures page it shows only Aug 8th, no October date ?
Bonnie1810
(Member)
I have a confession to make - I am a smoker - yes I know, its a terrible habit and I really should give up, but...... can you tell me Olly what, if any, provision is made for smokers on the cruise holidays. I am well used to having to go outside for my 'quick fag' when staying in an hotel, or only smoking in my (pre booked) smoking room, whichever is the case, but I have no idea what happens on a cruise. My last cruise in Egpyt was before the ban came into being, when only the dining room (quite rightly) was non smoking. I'm afraid that if smoking on board was completely banned I would have to give this trip a miss.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bonnie

I'm afraid our October date for the Douro river has sold out. We do still have a few places on the trip departing on 8 August. We also have one place left on the 8-day version of this holiday, which isn't showing on the website. If you want to book that July date, please call us on 0844 567 8844.

As for smoking, you will be fine as long as you go out on to the deck areas - or sometimes a designated part of the deck area.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor