pjdean53
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

We have booked on the Trans-Canadian Railroad Adventure travelling at the end of September 2008. Can you provide any tips with regard to dress code on the trains and how to pack to cover 2 weeks touring on this holiday.

Many thanks,

Peter & Beryl Dean

Elaine- your editor
(Member)
Hi Peter & Beryl,Not long now...I bet your getting excited now. The dress code on the Trains is comfortable and casual attire, which means you can relax and enjoy the ride!The average temperatures for your tour are as follows:Niagara Falls 8-20 degreesToronto 11-19 degreesVancouver 10-18 degreesJasper 3-15 degreesBanff 0-10 degreesSo a bit of a mixture!! I would advise to pack t-shirts, jeans, light trousers (linen) and fleeces for the warmer weather, jumpers, shirts, blouses, jackets and coats for the colder destinations. In terms of footwear, I would pack comfortable shoes, trainers and maybe some boots for the colder weather.Even for the warmer destinations, the evenings are cool so make sure you pack a couple of pull overs or cardigans.I hope this helps. If you need anymore information, please do not hesitate to ask.Warm Wishes,Elaine, your editor
pjdean53
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elaine,

Thank you for the information - this is our 35th wedding anniversary holiday and we should be at Niagara Falls on the actual date - 29th September. Do you know who the tour manager will be on this holiday and where do we meet up with him/her?

Regards,

Peter and Beryl

Elaine- your editor
(Member)
Hi again Peter & Beryl,

Your tour manager will be ANNE-MARIE VAN DER MEIJDEN. She lives in Canada so I bet she will a very interesting person to have with you (and informative!)

All tour managers meet you at the airport and are with you (unless you dont want them to be) all through your holiday. Any questions you have or special requests, they are there 24/7.

I hope this is good news. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Warm wishes,

Elaine, your editor