virginiag
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Will I be receiving the Visa before my departure date or will it be given to me at the airport? Also when should I expect to receive the tickets etc.

Regards

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

Visas are normally stamped or clipped into your passport and returned to you in advance of travel. If your trip requires printed tickets these will be sent out to you in good time before you fly, normally at least two weeks ahead. Quite a few of our holidays now use e-tickets, which means you only need your passport number and a reference number.

Have a great trip - Cuba is a fascinating place!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

virginiag
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thank you for your reply. I have not sent my passport to yourselves for the visa to be attached, as this has not been asked for. What is the situation now there is only approx. 2 weeks before the holiday?

Maddy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Virginia, I had my paperwork in the post today and the visa was included with that. Hope yours has turned up by now too, see you on 17th.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

It isn't necessary to send us your passport for Cuba. We obtain the visa for you using the information you supplied to us. As Maddy says, you should receive your visa any day now.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

virginiag
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly and Maddy

Thanks for your reply. I have now received my pack, including the visa, on Wednesday. Unfortunately, there is an error on the visa. I called the service dept. on receipt but have not had a response. I believe the Cuban authorities do not accept any cards that are overwritten or with corrections on them. They also require the visa to be stamped on both sides of the back but it has only been stamped once. I will be requesting a new visa as I do not wish to be refused entry or have any problems on arrival as I am really looking forward to this holiday.

Regards

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

I have asked my colleagues in the customer services department to give you a ring and sort out the problem.

I would also urge you to call us too on 0844 567 8844 with your booking reference to hand.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

virginiag
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thank you for your swift response. I called your offices at 11.10 today and was told there was nobody in the visa dept that could help but I would get a call from them within 24 hours. This is after being told by one of your service agents that I would not be getting another visa as it was too near departure date. I pointed out that was the reason I wanted a call today as it was urgent. Took a little while to get that point over. Was advised a team leader would be in the visa dept at 11.30 am today and I should get a call, but they didn't know when, just I would get a call. Still have not received this call, even though this needs to be sorted as a matter of urgency.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

I'm assured by a colleague that a new visa has been issued and was posted to you on Friday, so you should receive this very soon.

I hope you have a great holiday.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor