The-Captain
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Want to go on my first singles holiday and can't make up my mind between the two. Both have very good websites.

Can anyone recommend Just You rather than Solos?

Constructive please, I don't want a thread that just slags one or the other off.

linjay
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I've done about 12 JY trips now and the vast majority have been excellent. Spoken to lots of people on these trips who've also done Solos and seemed happy with them. However, I have picked up that Solos try to match up the number of males and females (not sure if I've got that right) so I suppose it depends what you're looking for. Personally, I simply want the companionship of like minded people. But if you're looking to meet up with a member of the opposite sex, Solos may be more appropriate. JY trips tend to have significantly more women than men and also people in relationships who just need to travel alone for whatever reason. Hope this helps - I'm sure you'll get plenty of other responses on this!

JOYCE1940
(Member)
i would just like to say i have been on both solos and just you holidays and found them much the same there are always more ladies than gents,i dont think people go on these holidays to meet anybody its just the company so if you use them both you get more choice of holidays
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
The Captain

I have done approx 6 trips with JY in the last 4 years I am now 51, I have not been on a solo holiday so can not judge. all I can say is that overall I am extremley happy with JY that's why I have 2 more booked. These holidays are not age based you can have late 20's - late 70's on same trip but it works so well. I do have a husband (28 Years)and yes we do go on holiday's together but we also like to do our own thing. There are always more Ladies then Men, but this has never been a problem either, you all mix in together. No way is it a meeting place for relationships that I know of (I am sure there is the odd meet up of people in the same boat) but I feel very safe and secure travelling with JY. I hope you get the answer that your looking for to your question.

Cindy