virginiag
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
The Foreign Office website advises "not to go to Thailand" due to the unrest. What are your comments on this please?

Thanks

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Virginia

I can assure you we are keeping a very close eye on the situation in Thailand and if any changes to your tour become necessary, we will be in touch with you immediately.

There are still two weeks to go until your trip and a lot can change in that time. But our priority is that you and your group are safe at all times.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

virginiag
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ollie

As the tour to Thailand is only next week, I would have expected to receive my e-tickets by now. Will the tour still go ahead considering the continued troubles in Bangkok? When will a decision be made?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

If you are using e-tickets you'll only need a reference number (and your passport, of course). If this doesn't arrive in the next day or so, give us a ring on 0800 567 7393 and one of our holiday advisors will give you the number.

A decision on any changes to the Thailand trip will be made as late as possible, as we don't want to make it prematurely. The BBC website is reporting that talks between the two sides are possible, so perhaps - fingers crossed - the dispute is starting to wind down. If we do need to make any changes to your holiday, one of our holiday advisors will be in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

virginiag
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ollie

Getting nearer to the Thailand holiday and still no e-tickets. Is this because the trip may not go ahead? When will the company make a decision whether or not to go to Bangkok? The Foreign Office currently advise against all but essential travel to Bangkok; against all travel to some specific areas of Thailand and all but essential travel to other specific areas of Thailand. Would very much like to know the situation.

Rgards

Virginia

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Virginia

I've just spoken to my colleagues who are dealing with your trip. They assure me they are looking at options and alternatives at the moment and that you will hear from us as soon as a decision is made.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor