cat lover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Cheryl

I know that it is early days but can you answer some questions for me about the above holiday that I have just booked?

I am somewhat concerned about the hotels in St P and M. as there are a lot of bad write ups about them on the web. I know that they are very large. Is there anything else that you can tell me about them to put my mind to rest?

Also, how long is the train trip between St P and M? Is there any help with luggage at the stations?

What might the weather be like in mid to late September (it's later than I wanted to go but this is the only date that you are offering for this holiday in 2009 and it's for my 50th)?

Thank you

Elizabeth

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Elizabeth,

I appreciate your concern, however all hotels, god or bad recieve bad reviews. Most of which are written by rival hotels. Obviously some are by genuine customers and all I can say is that holiady makers have different standards so where as one might find a hotel very satisfactory, another may hate it.

Either way I want our customers to be 100% confident in our accomodation. I have done some research and found as much informaion about these two hotels as requested:

HOTEL COSMOS-MOSCOW

Room facilities:

Soft armchair

- Spacious wardrobe

- Multifunctional desk

- Telephone (with bathroom extension)

- TV (Russian and international satellite channels)

- Fridge or Mini-Bar

Hotel facilities:

- Room service 24 hours Yes

- Luggage room

- Safe deposit boxes at reception

- hairdresser/beautician

- Dress alterations/Dry cleaners

- Swimming pool and fitness centre

- Games room

- Newspaper and magazine booth

- Bank

- Cash machines

HOTEL PULKOVSKAYA-ST PETERSBURG

Room facilities:

-Individual climate control

-Satellite television

-Coffee table and armchair

-Work desk

-Separate hanging closet

-Mini bar

-Hairdryer and in-room safe (upon request)

-Computer and modem sockets

-Two-line telephone

Hotel location and resort information:

The hotel offers 840 rooms designed in a contemporary style featuring modern materials, fresh forms and colours that make the rooms spacious and well-lit. Most of the rooms overlook the Monument to the Defenders of Leningrad and the Moskovsky Avenue, the St. George Church and monastery premises.

Hotel facilities:

-840 elegant rooms in contemporary style featuring modern materials, fresh forms and colours

-State-of-the-art congress centre that can accommodate up to 600 guests

-Wireless Internet access in lobby area, restaurants and conference centre

-Three highly acclaimed restaurants, a bakery, a brewery and a lobby bar

-Swimming pool, sauna, solarium and massage services

-Beauty Salon and shops that sell everything from mineral water to black caviar to international newspapers and fine china

-Cleaning and laundry services

-Business Centre with Internet access, printing, photocopying, fax and other services.

I hope this has put your mind at rest. If you need anymore information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,

Cheryl, your editor

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Elizabeth,

I forgot to let you know how long the train journey is....

It is an overnight journey and will take approx between 6-8 hours.

I hope this helps!

Cheryl, your editor

cat lover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
cheryl

Thank you for all this information. However, you have me really worried now as I booked this holiday, rather than the Travelsphere one, as it was meant to be a day time train journey. Please can you confirm that it is.

Thanks

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Elizabeth,

I am so sorry to have worried you. There has been a mix up with the information that was given to me. I have looked into this as I was very concerned to have made you panick. The train journey is infact through the day and will take approx 5 hours. I hope this has put your mind at rest, apologies again for any confusion.

Best wishes,

Cheryl, your editor