Neil42
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just looking to travel first time on my own and am looking at the "Delightsof Borneo" trip. Has anyone been and can let me know their thoughts! Would be great to hear from anyone who has booked this trip.

Many thanks

Christine
(Member)
Hi Neil

I did this trip in June this year. It was great, we saw the orangs and much more. The optional trip up the river to see probiscus monkeys was well worth it, even though we did it in a thunder storm. I did the add on to Kuala Lumpa as I thought if I was travelling all that way I wanted to see as much as possible. It was very enjoyable. We had a great crowd and lots of laughs. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Christine

Neil42
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Christine

Many thanks for the message/comments and am pleased you had a wonderful trip. I'll more than likely go for Borneo as I do love the wildlife, although not fully decided. You never know it may become China...decisions, decisions....take care

Neil

Christine
(Member)
Hi Neil

I did china last year, Shanghi and Yangzte Cruise plus add on to Xian & Bejing. It was great and have walked the wall! Very tiring but you see a lot. If you like wildlife have you considered a safari. I did the Kenyan Safari and beach holiday with JY last year it was fantastic the best holiday I have ever had. What ever you decide on I am sure you will have a great time. I have been on 3 JY holidays and taking my 4th in November to Cuba, they are great for the single traveller as you meet so many likeminded people, whatever the ages they are all there to have an enjoyable holiday, and I find everyone mixes in so well. Let me know if you decide to book a trip.

Christine

Andrea J
(Member)
Hi.

Im going on the Delights of Borneo holiday in September, could someone advise me which is the best currency to get please. Many thanks

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your message

Hope the following information helps :

Time zones :

Borneo: GMT + 8 hours

Currency :

Malaysian Ringgit, divided into 100 sen

Sterling or dollar travellers cheques can be taken. Ringgit can be obtained at the airport prior to departure. No limit on the amount of Ringgit which can be taken into the country.

Credit cards are accepted in large stores and restaurants. Master cards and visa are the most popular.

7.05110 ringitt = £1 (6/08/07)

Electricity :

The standard voltage is 220v. We recommend that you take an international plug adaptor.

Language :

Borneo(correctly the state of Sabah) is in Malaysia, and as such the native language is Bahasa Malaysia.

Things to take :

Good idea to take a rain mac, torch, poncho or umbrella.

Photography :

We recommend you take all photographic equipment with you on your tour, and get films developed on your return.

If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great holiday

Cheryl, your editor

Andrea J
(Member)
Many thanks Cheryl.

One more question, Optional Excursions, can these be paid for by credit card or cash only as I've been caught out with this one before!!

Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Andrea,

It's good to ask these questions. I have also been caught out with this one before too!

Most tour operators are the same where Optional Excisions are concerned and its cash only I’m afraid.

I hope this has answered everything for you Andrea. September's approaching fast so not long now you must be getting excited!!

Take care

Cheryl, your editor