NormE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm trying to establish how many people have signed up for the pre-tour Singapore add on for the 27th Feb trip to New Zealand.  Just You are no longer able to disclose this information apparently.  

I am curious to know how many people will be doing the Singapore pre-tour to have an idea whether I am going to be Billie no mates.

Also, I have concerns about the Coronavirus alert being upgraded to Orange in Singapore.. I am told that Just You are monitoring the situation but would welcome comments from other affected travellers.

Norma

TM Caroline
(Member)
Hello Norma

I am the Tour Manager for the Just You Breathtaking New Zealand Tour departing the UK at the end of February, I will be leaving the UK on the 29th February.  

As the Singapore add on is unaccompanied (no Tour Manager) I thought you might be interested in a couple of ideas for your time in Singapore.  My thoughts are based on my stay there with a Just You group in October 2019.

I believe that you are staying in the Park Regis Hotel in Singapore.  I stayed there at the end of October with a group.  The hotel is well situated and is in easy reach of the MRT stations, we used the MRT from Chinatown.  The MRT is cheap (about 2 Singapore Dollars per ride) and easy to use.  The hotel is also close to the Clarke Quay area of Singapore which has a number of restaurants.

The following activities were popular

Meal in a Hawker Centre (Chinatown)

Bumboat Ride

A drink in the Ce La Vie Bar on the 59th floor of Marina Bay, there is an entry charge, 22 Singapore Dollars when we were there, but you can use the voucher to buy a drink (use the MRT to Bayfront Station), the views are incredible

A drink in the Long Bar at Raffles (use the MRT Esplanade Station)

High Tea at the Fullerton Hotel (can get a taxi from the hotel)

Gardens By the Bay (MRT Bayfront Station)

Laser show at Gardens by the Bay and on the River front (evening)

Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a fabulous time in Singapore and I look forward to meeting you at the departure gate in Singapore on the 1st March for our flight to Auckland.

Please keep an eye on the forum I will be making a post regarding the whole tour at some point next week.

King regards

Caroline Godfrey

Tour Manager

NormE
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Caroline

Thank you so much for your suggestions for things to do in Singapore.  I am going to bank these for the future as I have decided on this occasion to travel direct to New Zealand on 29th Feb.  I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the group.

I will look out for your post on the forum next week.

Kind regards,

Norma