Sheila M
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is there anyone else going on this trip from Birmingham ? 

Also could anyone who has been on a previous trip give me any helpful tips regarding money situation, suitable clothes etc .

steffiec
(Member)
HI

I am on this trip ( but not from Birmingham.... I am S E London) but saying hello anyway. I was in South India last xmas period ( Karnataka) . I found best clothing was either a midi type dress or light trousers and top. What I did realise was ideally I would have more longer sleeved items rather than relying on a large scarf. I also found I covered my head quite a lot to detract from the constant requests for selfies from people. It may have been especially bad as it was during Indian Xmas holidays . Constant requests from secondary age children. Very polite mainly but endless. Wearing a scarf helped a little ( I am 60 btw so not a glamorous young thing!) Don't let this put you off though... just best to be aware ahead of time. Money you need to change on arrival. If Kerala is anything like neighbouring state, the weather should be pleasantly warm with the occasional chilly morning or late afternoon early evening. Hope that helps a little. See you in a few weeks!! Stephanie

Sheila M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am on this trip ( but not from Birmingham.... I am S E London) but saying hello anyway. I was in South India last xmas period ( Karnataka) . I found best clothing was either a midi type dress or light trousers and top.  What I did realise was ideally I would have more longer sleeved items rather than relying on a large scarf. I also found I covered my head quite a lot  to detract from the constant requests for selfies from people. It may have been especially bad as it was during Indian Xmas holidays . Constant requests from secondary age children. Very polite mainly but endless. Wearing a scarf helped a little ( I am 60 btw so not a glamorous young thing!) Don't let this put you off though... just best to be aware ahead of time. Money you need to change on arrival.   If Kerala is anything like neighbouring state, the weather should be pleasantly warm with the occasional chilly morning or late afternoon early evening.  Hope that helps a little.  See you in a few weeks!!   Stephanie
jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sheila

If you search the reviews section you will find several for this trip.  It is a wonderful part of India and I am sure you will have a great time.

Regards

Sheila M
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your help Stephanie . Very useful advise , look forward to meeting you. I presume we will all meet up in Dubai, if not see you in Cochin.

I'll check out thr reviews Jonah. Sure I will have a great time . Thanks

Sheila