SylviaJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
It's just a week away from this trip and really looking forward to it. I am hopeful that the current unrest in Chile resolves.

Anyone else out there joining me?  I know of two others who will be.

Regards

Sylvia

SJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

It's just a week away from this trip and really looking forward to it. I am hopeful that the current unrest in Chile resolves.

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia

I will be joining you on the trip to Chile and I’m doing Easter Island as well.  I’ve been monitoring the situation in Chile and it doesn’t appear to be quite as bad as it was at the beginning?  Hopefully things will be ok while we are there.

Best wishes

Sandra

SylviaJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SJB' wrote:

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia

I will be joining you on the trip to Chile and I’m doing Easter Island as well.  I’ve been monitoring the situation in Chile and it doesn’t appear to be quite as bad as it was at the beginning?  Hopefully things will be ok while we are there.

Best wishes

Sandra

Hi Sandra

Good to hear from at least one fellow traveller.

I have a friend who is a pilot and has just returned from Santiago.  He says the unrest still continues, though not widely reported.  The latest is that earthquakes have hit the area in the past couple of days and there is ongoing volcanic activity.  

We are certainly in for an adventure?

See you soon.

Sylvia

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just posted some info in the reviews section ( well when its published) which you may find useful

I came back just over a week ago from this trip and you will have a wonderful time and don't worry about the unrest as the agent seem to be doing a wonderful job of avoiding any trouble and we were never in any danger.

If my review doesn't answer any questions you may have please ask here

Keith

Travelcam
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

I have just posted some info in the reviews section ( well when its published) which you may find useful

I came back just over a week ago from this trip and you will have a wonderful time and don't worry about the unrest as the agent seem to be doing a wonderful job of avoiding any trouble and we were never in any danger.

Keith

Thank you Keith for your review outlining all the info I was wondering about. European plugs don't work then? Where did you get your "thin" pin ones please. Four months to my trip so plenty of time yet. Glad you had a wonderful time.

SylviaJ
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Keith

Thanks for the input, now seen your helpful review too.

Sylvia

SJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

Keith

Hi Keith

I have just read your review which is not only informative but very reassuring.  Helpful to know about a few things in advance, so thank you for posting.  I’m looking forward to my big adventure ? 

Sandra

garside
(Member)
Hello

Thank you for your review it is very helpful for my trip in a few days time. I’m really looking forward to the trip especially Easter Island

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hiya Sylvia

Have a fab time and, when you get to Rapa Nui, say Hello to my beloved Moai for me (tell them that, health permitting, I'll be back to see them in 2021!) If you see a 4x4 with the British Consul's crest on the door - that's James G-P so say hi to him too.

Iorana and safe travels :D

Mandy

P.S You won't find Pandora out there but the best place for hand made silver jewellery on the Island is at the mini craft market at Ranu Raraku. There's a gentleman whose stall is about three down the café on the right hand side. Lovely unique items and great prices (cash usually gets you a better deal too)

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Travelcam' wrote:

'ksf1' wrote:

Keith

Thank you Keith for your review outlining all the info I was wondering about. European plugs don't work then? Where did you get your "thin" pin ones please. Four months to my trip so plenty of time yet. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Hi Travelcam,

They are the European 2 pin plugs, type C that you use in Chile, one lady in our group had a European 2 pin that she couldn't use as the prongs were a slightly larger diameter. I took two adapters and only then did I realise they were of a slightly different diameter and the thicker one wouldn't fit. I have used both of these in France but the thinner one is a little bit loose in French sockets whilst the thicker one fits perfectly.

I bought this one about 5 years ago and the 2 pins are slightly smaller and would fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKROSS-1-302117-Skross-Adapter-SKR1302117/dp/B00SNH5ZE8/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2Y14QA514W4RZ&keywords=skross+travel+adapter&qid=1573235481&sprefix=SKROSS%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-9 

Keith

Travelcam
(Member)
'ksf1' wrote:

'Travelcam' wrote:

'ksf1' wrote:

Keith

Hi Travelcam,

They are the European 2 pin plugs, type C that you use in Chile, one lady in our group had a European 2 pin that she couldn't use as the prongs were a slightly larger diameter. I took two adapters and only then did I realise they were of a slightly different diameter and the thicker one wouldn't fit. I have used both of these in France but the thinner one is a little bit loose in French sockets whilst the thicker one fits perfectly.

I bought this one about 5 years ago and the 2 pins are slightly smaller and would fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKROSS-1-302117-Skross-Adapter-SKR1302117/dp/B00SNH5ZE8/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2Y14QA514W4RZ&keywords=skross+travel+adapter&qid=1573235481&sprefix=SKROSS%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-9 

Keith

Many thanks Keith, much appreciated.