Eli78
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there. I am thinking about booking the Treasures of Andalucia trip with JY but am nervous as it will be the first time I have ever been on holiday on my own.. Was hoping to get some advice/tips from seasoned JY travellers and if possible find out if any others are booked up for the Andalucia holiday on 14th May leaving from Edinburgh Airport?? 

Elaine

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Elaine,

Welcome to the forum! It would be great to have you join us on a trip 🙂

We don't actually have anyone booked for that tour date yet, but I'm sure some of our travellers on here can give you advice about this trip.

Many thanks,

Vickie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine,

I've found that most people seem to book around 4 - 6 months before the departure date so don't worry that no one has booked this day yet as it is still ten months away!  This was my first trip with JY nine years ago and I really enjoyed it - the tour pace isn't very hectic and it is a really nice itinerary.  It has been one of JY's most popular tours over the years and is always on offer, so I think that speaks for itself.  I hope you book and have a great time!

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

I too did this trip in 2010 and echo Bob's comments. You will love Andalucia.

Regards

Jaya

Eli78
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray wrote:

I've found that most people seem to book around 4 - 6 months before the departure date so don't worry that no one has booked this day yet as it is still ten months away!  This was my first trip with JY nine years ago and I really enjoyed it - the tour pace isn't very hectic and it is a really nice itinerary.  It has been one of JY's most popular tours over the years and is always on offer, so I think that speaks for itself.  I hope you book and have a great time!

Bob

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Welcome Eli78,  Andalusia is a great trip.  Friendly, helpful hotel staff.  Interesting shops within easy walking distance.  If you like a read there is a well stocked library room opposite reception in the hotel.  On our ‘day off’ we visited the local market and made chocolate at the local chocolate factory. Really enjoyed the trip.  Have been on many JY holidays and a month sure that your fellow travellers will all be very friendly. Enjoy.
Eli78
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'intrepid traveller, wrote:

Welcome Eli78,  Andalusia is a great trip.  Friendly, helpful hotel staff.  Interesting shops within easy walking distance.  If you like a read there is a well stocked library room opposite reception in the hotel.  On our ‘day off’ we visited the local market and made chocolate at the local chocolate factory. Really enjoyed the trip.  Have been on many JY holidays and a month sure that your fellow travellers will all be very friendly. Enjoy.

Tamar
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Eli78' wrote:

Hi there. I am thinking about booking the Treasures of Andalucia trip with JY but am nervous as it will be the first time I have ever been on holiday on my own.. Was hoping to get some advice/tips from seasoned JY travellers and if possible find out if any others are booked up for the Andalucia holiday on 14th May leaving from Edinburgh Airport?? 

Elaine

Hi Eli

I just booked Treasures of Andalucia for 26th September , its my very first Just You and solo trip so I am quite nervous as well.

I am happy to let you know how I get on when I return.

Anyone else going on this trip in September would love to here from you.

Tamar

Eli78
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Tamar, Well done for taking the plunge and booking the holiday. From everything I have seen on the website and read on this forum I am positive you will have a great time. I would appreciate your feedback on your return. Enjoy  your holiday.  Eli' wrote:

'Eli78' wrote:

Elaine

Hi Eli

I just booked Treasures of Andalucia for 26th  September , its my very first Just You and solo trip so I am quite nervous as well.

I am happy to let you know how I get on when I return.

Anyone else going on this trip in September would love to here from you.

Tamar

sheila a
(Member)
'Eli78' wrote:

Elaine

Hi,  I have been on 5 holidays with Just You over the years.  I had also been looking at Andalucia but for this year.  Things didn't work out for this year so was also looking at next year.  I too would be leaving from Edinburgh. I may well go the same date as you so will keep you posted on that.   I still get  nervous so don't worry.

Sheila

Eli78
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sheila wrote:

'Eli78' wrote:

Elaine

Hi,  I have been on 5 holidays with Just You over the years.  I had also been looking at Andalucia but for this year.  Things didn't work out for this year so was also looking at next year.  I too would be leaving from Edinburgh. I may well go the same date as you so will keep you posted on that.   I still get  nervous so don't worry.

Sheila