KMD
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Looking forward to my holiday now & wondering if anyone is travelling from Northants/Cambs area? Trying to decide on driving/taxi/train to airport etc
Peter G
(Member)
I am on the holiday to Borneo with the Singapore add-on departing September 23rd. I live in Suffolk and shall be travelling by train the day before and staying at a hotel at T4

Peter

KMD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Peter, really looking forward to the holiday now. Is T4 the designated terminal as I was wondering which terminal to stay over near?
SallyMB
(Member)
Hi KMD

I am also booked on the 23rd September tour - flight is from terminal 4 - I am booked in at the Premier Inn the night before. See you in the airport lounge! Not too long to wait now ??

Peter G
(Member)
Hi Sally and KMD

I am also staying at the Premier Inn T4 on September 22nd. I have watched the 2 Judi Dench programmes about Borneo where she visited the same Oranutang centre as we are. As you say not long to go now

Peter

KMD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I watched Judi Dench too & it was great......not keen on some of those huge insects though!

Thanks for info re terminal. I will be able to narrow down my travel options now

Peter GHi Sally and KMD

I am also  staying at the Premier Inn T4 on September 22nd. I have watched the 2 Judi Dench programmes about Borneo where she visited the same Oranutang centre as we are. As you say not long to go now

Peter

KMD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi both

I`m travelling on Sept 2nd trip, but hope you both have a great holiday

folkes.1952
(Member)
Hi KMD.I’m booked onto the September 2nd trip too. Sooo looking forward to it. I’ll see you at the airport. Not long now.
folkes.1952
(Member)
What electric adaptor is needed for Borneo please
KMD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Still got lots to sort, like you thinking about the practicalities of what to pack. Sorted rail tickets & hotel now

folkes.1952Hi KMD.I’m booked onto the September 2nd trip too. Sooo looking forward to it. I’ll see you at the airport. Not long now.

truffles.21@btinternet.com
(Member)
'Peter G' wrote:

Hi Sally and KMD

I am also  staying at the Premier Inn T4 on September 22nd. I have watched the 2 Judi Dench programmes about Borneo where she visited the same Oranutang centre as we are. As you say not long to go now

Peter

Hi This is my very first solo trip, I am quite worried! Have also booked the Premier Inn on the Sunday. 

Alison

(Member)
'KMD' wrote:

Still got lots to sort, like you thinking about the practicalities of what to pack. Sorted rail tickets & hotel now

folkes.1952Hi KMD.I’m booked onto the September 2nd trip too. Sooo looking forward to it. I’ll see you at the airport. Not long now.

Interested to know what sort of clothing you may be packing.

Alison

KMD
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alison

I`m travelling on the 2nd & staying at Premier Inn, are you 2nd or 22nd?

I tend to burn easily so I`m packing linen & lightweight trousers & tops. I have invested in a waterproof poncho as I read on here that they are very practical....although maybe not glamorous

I`m travelling on my own for the first time so excited/nervous but I guess most people are first time

Karen

'KMD' wrote:

Alison

(Member)
'KMD' wrote:

(Member)
'KMD' wrote:

Hi Alison

I`m travelling on the 2nd & staying at Premier Inn, are you 2nd or 22nd?

I tend to burn easily so I`m packing linen & lightweight trousers & tops. I have invested in a waterproof poncho as I read on here that they are very practical....although maybe not glamorous

I`m travelling on my own for the first time so excited/nervous but I guess most people are first time

Karen

'KMD' wrote:

Hi Karen, I am at the premier on the 22nd. Thanks for tip about poncho. Hope you have a great trip.

Alison

Alison

(Member)
Hi Karen,

I am travelling on the 22nd. Thanks for info re poncho. Have a great trip.

Alison