ShirleyG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I’m going on the holiday, ‘Treasures Of Andalucia’ on 20th. June. It’s my first time away on my own, I’m finding the airports the most worrying as I’ve always had someone with me. Is there anyone else going from Gatwick that day on their first singles holiday? I’m sure we’ll all have a great week, as the scenery looks around Mijas. 

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shirley

Gatwick is very easy to negotiate so there is no need to worry. Of course, you are bound to be a bit nervous and so was I when I went on my first solo trip but as soon as I reached the airport and met Just You rep near the check in desks my worries disappeared. You may find your fellow travellers by looking for Just You labels on their hand luggage. Just go and say hello and introduce yourself. Andalucia is lovely and I am sure you are going to have a great time.

Kind regards

Jaya

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Hi, am sure you will have a great time on this trip. I did it in 2018 and really enjoyed the whole experience. Be sure to go to the Chocolate Factory and the Friday Market. The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful and should you need something to read there is a well stocked ‘library’ tucked away opposite reception. The weather was very hot when I was there and every day there were free ice cold drinks awaiting our return in reception. Enjoy!!
ShirleyG
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Shirley

Gatwick is very easy to negotiate so there is no need to worry.  Of course, you are bound to be a bit nervous and so was I when I went on my first solo trip but as soon as I reached the airport and met Just You rep near the check in desks my worries disappeared.  You may find your fellow travellers by looking for Just You labels on their hand luggage.  Just go and say hello and introduce yourself.  Andalucia is lovely and I am sure you are going to have a great time.

Kind regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya, Thanks for your reply. I’ve heard Malaga airport is huge, so that is a big worry of mine. I’m going to Granada and Alhambra Palace, I feel I must see that. I’m not going on the Gibraltar excursion, as I haven’t heard good reports on Gibraltar. Thanks again,

Shirley

ShirleyG
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi, am sure you will have a great time on this trip. I did it in 2018 and really enjoyed the whole experience.  Be sure to go to the Chocolate Factory and the Friday Market.  The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful  and should you need something to read there is a well stocked ‘library’ tucked away opposite reception.  The weather was very hot when I was there and every day there were free ice cold drinks awaiting our return in reception. Enjoy!!

Hi, I haven’t heard about the chocolate factory, I think we’re going to Malaga on Friday, so will miss the market, I should have 2 free days, so hope to have a good look round Mijas. Thankyou.

intrepid traveller
(Member)
'ShirleyG' wrote:

'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi, am sure you will have a great time on this trip. I did it in 2018 and really enjoyed the whole experience.  Be sure to go to the Chocolate Factory and the Friday Market.  The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful  and should you need something to read there is a well stocked ‘library’ tucked away opposite reception.  The weather was very hot when I was there and every day there were free ice cold drinks awaiting our return in reception. Enjoy!!

Hi, I haven’t heard about the chocolate factory, I think we’re going to Malaga on Friday, so will miss the market, I should have 2 free days, so hope to have a good look round Mijas. Thankyou.

By the time you have to negotiate Malaga airport you will not be alone so it won’t be as scary as you think.  I went to Gibraltar 3 years ago by myself. Booked the flights, hotel and trips and just went for three days.  I loved it, had a great time exploring.  So, I was keen to go on the Gibraltar excursion and have a mini rerun BUT there was a huge cruise ship in port, thousands of people, queue for the cable car up the rock wasunbelievably long, shops crowded, eateries not coping very well.  So I guess it’s fine if the cruisers are not there. Am sure you will enjoy your holiday and make some lovely new friends.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shirley

You do not have to worry about Malaga Airport as well. I am sure there will be other travellers flying out from Gatwick so you will not be on your own. There is always someone waiting with a Just You board once you clear the customs if the Tour Manager is not flying out with you from Gatwick. Forget the worries and go and have lots of fun. I did the Gibraltar trip to see the monkeys! We also saw the caves but apart from that there is not much to see. Lots of British shops though!

Regards

Jaya

Eli78
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello. I have been looking on the JY website and I am very interested in the Treasures of Andalucia trip.. I am looking to book this trip leaving from Edinburgh Airport on Thursday 14th May 2020.. I have never travelled on my own before and so I am quite nervous about taking the plunge, even though the holiday looks amazing..The posts I have read so far have helped me a bit... I just wanted to get some advice or tips from anyone who has been on this holiday, and also wanted to ask if anyone else is booked on this holiday leaving from Edinburgh Airport next May??? It would be less daunting if I knew there was someone else leaving from the same airport as me... Elaine